Shopping With Friends

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Jan 22, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One never should shop with friends unless they have a good reason to. The only good reason why someone should shop with a friend is because there's a special deal that will save them money. Think of those buy two get two deals or three for the price of two. Split the cost of the item(s) with a friend, and you get what you want at half the price.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually enjoy hooking up with a like minded girlfriend or two to go clothes shopping together LOL We usually make a day of it and mooch around the shops, try things on together and buy a few little numbers. It helps because we can all get each other's opinions on different things. Once we're done, it's always great to wind the whole thing down by going for lunch and just chilling. I don't think it's a guy thing hehe

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Another good reason/time to occasionally shop with a friend is when you need some help with bargaining that is if there's a possibility that you can get a better price if you've got great bargaining skills. For someone who has friends who have a gift of the gab, they could take them along at such times.

4. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I do have a friend who's good at asking for discounts so I always take the opportunity to shop with her whenever she's in town. My husband is also better at asking discounts than me so having him around when I shop is a good deal for me, not only because he's the one who pays for what I buy but because we also get to avail of discounts because of his bargaining skills. :)

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't like shopping with friends because I have a harder time making decisions when I know I am with someone. I find I am most focused when I'm alone and I already have a hard enough time deciding in that situation especially when I'm looking to buy expensive items. That said, I'm not too much against shopping with someone either but on those occasions I just prefer to be more casual about it or maybe if we were in a situation similar to what you have stated wherein we already have some purchases in mind or we could save by buying it together.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shopping with friends is lots of fun and most enjoyable. I understand that you don't get serious with your shopping when you are with your friends. Besides, they might suggest and suggest until you buy something that you do not really need. It always happens but as I said, it is most enjoyable to shop with friends and I miss all those laughter particularly when inside the fitting room.

7. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I'd rather shop alone because when I shop with my friends they always end up going in more expensive shops than I would and I feel like I'm basically watching them throw their money away. They tend to splurge a lot more than I do. They always seem to want to stop for coffee every time there's a coffee shop in sight too which doesn't help! I prefer to shop alone so i can just go where I want to and not be tempted by extras like coffee unless I really do need a drink.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I totally agree @Denis Hard! Some of my friends are not very shy in coming forward with stuff like asking for discounts, unlike me! That's partly why I love having them with me when I'm mooching about town. They will also unabashedly flirt and really pull out all their charming tricks, and most of the time it works. I also like the fact that having someone there, especially if they are sensible/smart shoppers, can keep me in line. I get in so much trouble if I go shopping on my own, because I find it easy to get carried away.

9. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I love shopping on my own or with my family. My friends, not so much, since they're not patient enough to scour every area with me, lol. They're great for going out and chatting but shopping? Not so much. Another reason is that our fashion styles don't really match so much. Like with one of my best friends, she loves wearing pants and shirts while I'm more of a dress kind of person. So shopping with her is kind of difficult since we have different areas that we want to go to.

And with another friend, she is brand conscious and I'm not like that. So she likes going to Mango and Topman and she hates going to local brands. Whereas I don't mind non-branded clothing items! So yeah, it's more of a clash of preferences.

10. showup

showupNew Member

Threads:
    Shopping with friends is so much fun.It is also a very good way to hangout more with friends.The only disadvantage is that they may persuade you to buy things you do not require.My friends and I have different tastes in things so it might cause conflicts of interests.Otherwise its a good way to hangout with friends so I wouldn't mind shopping with them them.