Shopping with the wife

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Gelsemium • Jan 13, 2015.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's been a while that I was in a shopping program with my wife, but it happened this Saturday. We left the kids with my parents and we went to the mall to the sales. Well, for the better and the worse right? This is the worse part, but she deserves it lol. All the men there had the same face as me haha... :) Do you shop with your husband/partner?

2. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind going shopping with my girlfriend, most of the times it's a pleasant experience. The only bad memories about shopping is when I was young and my mom dragged me to go shopping with her. Spending 4hours looking at ladies stuff made me so uncomfortable and tired and It felt like a living hell. I lived the definition of avoiding a woman when shopping with a partner.

3. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    My fiancé doesn't like to shop with me...which is totally understandable. He's the type of person who will just know what he wants, go in, get it, buy it, and leave. I like to...browse haha. Plus when I shop I like to shop by myself (somehow I feel pressured if other people shop with me), so when I go shopping I don't usually take him with me anyway.

4. lucyarty

lucyartyMember

Threads:
    I absolutely hate going shopping - and I'm the wife! I get really stressed about spending money and trying on clothes and things, and I get particularly stressed about doing said shopping if everywhere is absolutely rammed because of sales or whatever. My husband and I went shopping recently and it was super packed, and we had both children and the pram with us (aaaaggghhh), and I ended up in a terrible mood. So yeah, I could probably do with adopting your attitude really...

5. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly I wouldn't want my (male) partner to go shopping with me. He always ends up totally disinterested and whining. That annoys me, since he's no fun to be around then, and it's not like he's having any fun either so we just skip it. We find other, more pleasurable activities we both enjoy to share.

6. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I probably do ninety-five percent of our shopping together. We do most of practically everything we do together and we usually have a ball doing it. Every now and then, though, I like to get off on my own and just shop alone. It's a whole different experience for me, as often when I'm with my husband I just don't take the time I'd like to in browsing for certain things, etc. I know it bores him to go along as slowly as I sometimes like to go just looking at things.
    And then there are the times when this is appropriate:

images (1).

7. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    Shopping with my girlfriend is a tooth pulling experience, usually when I shop it's straightforward, I know exactly what I'm looking for and I'm in and out in five minutes or so, when I shop with my girlfriend it's a totally different experience, usually I find myself bewildered and confused standing in the laundry department or the beauty department feeling out of place and lost, for the most part I just tell her I'm going to browse around for a bit and I'll meet up with her later, but that's just another challenge because I usually end up looking for her for an hour or two, she's never anywhere to be found, and by the time I get out of the shopping mall or store I am totally exhausted.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is it really uncomfortable to accompany your wife while she goes on a shopping spree? I mean, my father always accompanies my mother when she goes to the mall to buy bags, clothes, home appliances or stuff we normally use for cleaning up our house. He seems fine with it. They have to go together wherever because they have to agree on what to buy except for personal female necessities of course. They always work as a team, deciding together. My mom even accompanies my dad when he shops for clothes, underwear and basically anything.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's assumed that women tend to spend more money than men when they are shopping either alone or when they go out together. The only thing thing [I don't like] about shopping with women is that they spend a lot of time, finding what they want, haggling [where it's allowed], etc. Otherwise I know some women who spend only as much money as is needed to be spent for what they need for the week or weekend [depending on how often they do their grocery shopping].

10. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been married, but I had this girlfriend that I would go shopping with from time to time. It was always pretty fun because we both liked shopping a lot. What wasn't fun though, was coming home with a ton of bags all the time. So much so, that it would always end up slowing me down when we were walking, it was SO annoying.

11. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I completely enjoy shopping and I think it is a pleasant thing to do, but I als
    o feel I shop better when I do it all by myself. Somehow I know exactly what I want but others opinion makes it a little confusing.

12. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    When I do shop with my husband, I make sure that we go to places that are of interest to both of us. I don't really want to bother him by me taking too long looking at women's dresses or women's accessories that I know he does not have any business with. I use the time together to look for stuff for the home or gadgets. This way, shopping becomes an interesting activity for both of us, not just for me.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would want to shop alone so that I can concentrate, and so that no one else asks me to accompany them to some store that I have no interest in. Although I noticed that my parents shopped together when buying major items for the house. If it's just groceries, only one goes out.

14. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I don't mind going shopping with my girlfriend. She's not a maniac when it comes to shopping and isnt as slow as some of ghe other women Ive shopped with before. It can be a bit tedious but its not the end of the world.

15. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I much prefer to shop alone. It's just so much easier, I can spend as much time in the store as I like, walk round at my own pace and don;t have to listen to anyone telling me that they are bored. I always insist my partner stays home when I go grocery or clothes shopping. Of course, there are things we have to shop for together, such as items for the home, but I try and make these outings as infrequent as possible!

16. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop alone when I am shopping for myself. Sure, my husband would tell me that he wants to go with me, but I don't want to bore him. He gets bored and follows me around. He says nothing when I asked his opinion. I always ends up empty handed whenever he goes shopping with me.

17. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't shop with someone. I just don't really like it. When I shop, I shop alone and just go directly to the place where I would my stuff, then go home afterwards. That's all. When my sister would invite me to take her to the mall, I don't really go. It's just very much annoying. When I am in the mall with someone, it just feels like I'm wasting my time, or just that I'm giving it away freely, and I don't like something like it.

18. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although my husband is not a huge fan of shopping, he still enjoys it once in a while. When he does come with me, we usually go to different sections of the store to give us the space and freedom to shop in peace. Then we'll come back together towards the end and maybe go to the fitting rooms and get each other's opinion on different clothing items.