Short-circuit

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Peninha • Mar 24, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you ever had a short circuit in your house? Was it bad? Did you manage to solve it yourself or you had to call an electrician? I had one this weekend and I'm just waiting for someone to come to my house, it's a really dangerous situation, I don't want to play with electricity, I can set my house on fire.

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to electricity I always call a professional. It's not that expensive and it's better to have a trained person look into things since it's both dangerous for you and for your house to play electrician. Just to be safe I placed short circuit proof outlets all around my house. The electrical company I deal with is known to cause mass short circuits after a power blackout and they don't usually pay for the stuff they break.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that's a wise advice and that's exactly what I did, the electrician went there yesterday and it seems to be a screw missing that was causing the short-circuit. The thing is, I'm living there since 1998, what happen to the screw and why was it only short-circuiting now?...

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have had short-circuits from time to time, but luckily my dad just changes the fuse and everything works fine again. I guess when you live alone and you don't know anything about these things, then you should really take time to learn how to do simple things like changing the fuse of your home to be able to solve simple short-circuit problems.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, that is true, some electrical things are not so complicated to learn if we have someone to teach, the problem is when we don't have no one to teach us we need to pay, I won't mess with electricity as ignorant as I am in that field, no way!