short or long nails?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by katharinemae • Jul 14, 2012.

1. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I never tried having my nails long, I have always kept it short. I love putting nail polish and experimenting on nail arts and having long nails would have given me a larger canvass to paint. What would you prefer long or short nails?

2. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    i prefer short i use to go get them done at the nail salon but my nails grow to fast so i was going every week for a fill. so i just keep them cut and paint them my self

3. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    In Winter I keep my nails shorter. This is because I love wearing the darker shades of nail polish that is always popular then and I find if my nails are too long they look a bit witch. In Summer I will wear them longer as I prefer to have a French Mani done instead of wearing colour polish. Because I have short fingers to me my hands look better and my rings look prettier when my nails are longer.

4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe I serve my simple opinion as man. I prefer women with nails of medium size (not enough to hurt if she gets angry), but I think it all depends on a matter of convenience. Long fingernails are a stylish and perhaps justified for special occasions, but I think for everyday life is preferable to have short nails and well maintained. Sometimes small is beautiful if you take care to detail. Do not think it's a matter of size.

Today there are many things you can do with nails. I have come to see works that seem to really craft, small works of art. With a little care and creativity, you can have beautiful hands.

5. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I keep my nails short all year round, because I work as a freelance writer, so I spend a lot of time on the keyboard. Long nails slow that process down, and there's the risk of damaging the nails. I also don't have a lot of cash spare for manicures, so short nails suit my lifestyle and my budget. I don't like seeing talons on women anyway - most unattractive. I just keep my nails trimmed, clean and well shaped, and apply the occasional coat of nail enamel for special occasions.

6. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Once I did keep my nails long. Not all. Just the thumb and index finger. That was when my hands were a bit numb and I needed the nails to help me pick up tiny things like pins. Now my hands are fine and I am back to short nails again.

7. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I always keep my nail short because I hate long nails. I keep them short because its less work to keep up with. You don't have to worry about dirt in nails and scratching people. That is why I rather short than long.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like long fingernails. I don't let them get too long because they can cause problems. I used to paint my fingernails, but now I just keep them buffed which gives them a natural shine.

9. Zapped

ZappedMember

Threads:
    I have to keep my nails short now. On top of everything I do, I am in school in a medical program. We have clinicals in hospitals and they require we keep them short. I really don't mind it.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Because my nails tend to chip and crack easily, I prefer to have short nails than long nails. I tried growing my nails long, but it's just not sturdy enough!

11. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer having short nails. I think they are more neat and tidy. I know most girls would love to hail long nails because they have a bigger space for their nail polishes. They could experiment more with the designs and colors.

12. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't pay attention to my nails most of the time until something calls my attention to them. Recently, my (new) guitar teacher alerted me that my nails were too long for me to effectively finger the fretboard, and so I cut the nails on my left hand. Now half of my nails are long (from neglect) and the other half are short. I'm thinking of painting them now that I'm paying attention to them again, but I'm considering leaving the nails on my right hand long because they kind of look nice that way... or would that be strange?

13. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Well I am not a girl but I would just like to comment about short or long nails. I would prefer short nails for my girl. I have seen her had long nails and to me it looks good but it doesn't feel good when she holds me. She sometimes accidentally lacerated me with those nails.

14. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I prefer mine to be medium length. Long nails get in the way and break easily, but short ones aren't very attractive in my opinion either. I don't do much with my nails, so I like them to look good even without polish and artsy designs.

15. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Mine are medium. I work with kids, I can't have long nails that will scratch anyone, or break. I don't bite my nails, and i hate the look of nails bitten down (and sadly, 3 of my kids do that... :( )

16. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer having short nails. For me, long nails just get in the way of my everyday tasks. On the rare occasion that I grow my nails out, I end up scratching my toddler or getting them caught on my clothes. I am all about the practicality that short nails provide.

17. saver

saverNew Member

Threads:
    I have, and prefer short nails. The only time I feel that the long nails actually look good is when you get the fake nails and have the painted tips. But other than that most of the time they don't look that good.

18. JMazique

JMaziqueNew Member

Threads:
    I love to have fingernails of any length other than having no nails at all. I like to classify myself as a diva and I love to have and do everything feminine. Having fingernails is something I absolutely LOVE, but the only drawback is that it will slow you down if you type for a living!

19. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I perfer medium length nails. I do my own nails and do not have to go to the nail salon to have them done and they are nice and hard and don't break or anything. I use a natural nail hardener and beautiful nail polish and then use a quick dry on top.

20. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    Personally, I prefer short nails because they're easier to maintain. You can do more with long nails and they look better than short nails sometimes, but it's hard to maintain your long nails when you don't have time to. It's like hair, it may look better, but it's harder to keep clean and neat.