short or long nails?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by katharinemae • Jul 14, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    My nails are naturally long.. so I cannot grow them very long..I keep it as long as i possibly can without looking like a witch. I don't think it is hard to maintain long nails... just a bit of soaking and cleaning makes it look good. I love painting my nails so it isn't really an issue for me.

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    For the most part over the years I have kept my nails short. At one time I did try to grow them, but then I found out it wasn't too convenient to do so. First of all, I am a typist and a writer, which makes it hard to deal with long nails. Then there was the fact that I worked in a library and as a file clerk for years, once again long nails aren't very practical. So, I got to the point where I just kept my nails short at all times.

3. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I really have no choice but to keep them short. I like my nails to always be the same length, and its next to impossible t have longer nails with this type of obsession. I know it sounds crazy, but its true.

4. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I like the look of long nails, but I don't enjoy the maintenance. Also, they tend to get in the way of things quite often. I was always snagging a nail or having it bend a tear near the skin, which is not at all pleasant. Now that I spend so much time typing I like them trimmed to about an eighth of an inch. If I don't keep them somewhat short, they start to annoy me while Iom typing.

5. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer my fingernails as well as my toenails short, plain, and clean. It seems like I trim my fingernails on average about every two weeks. Occasionally, I'd put on nail polish, and the colors I'd use would most closely match my skin tone or nail bed like nude or beige, light pink, or even just a clear coat to give them a bit of shine. Long fingernails for me feel weird plus, it makes typing on the keyboard a little uncomfortable.

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    That is what I perfer is medium long nails because it is easier to keep them clean and not very much to maintain. I think people with those long nails are not as sanitary and can carry germs into there food and anyone elses food. So I stick with the medium long nails so they will stay clean from tip to the very end.

7. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I like this question. I come from a family where all the girls have long fingernails, but like most women our nails break. I am the type if more than 2 break on each hand I will cut them all even and let them grow again at the same time. I have to say I prefer my long nails because that is what I am use to, but I think both or gorgeous especially when they are polished. You should try to keep them long just to see which you prefer for yourself :)

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love to look at Japanese nail art and see the amazing jewels and flowers that Harajuku girls and Korean pop stars put on their nails. But I personally keep my nails short because I feel crippled and helpless when I can't touch surfaces with my fingertips. I draw and make things with my hands. I need to feel the pencil or paintbrush with my fingertips, I feel weird with long nails because I'm not really touching anything. I also can't get used to typing that way, and I spend a lot of time online typing. So I can admire the beauty of long nails and nail art, but they're just not for me.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They do seem to get in the way of things. I saw an episode of My Strange Addiction on A&E or TLC, where the woman was addicted to having nails so long that they curled around in spirals. Anyway, she had to have help putting on her shoes and she had an elaborate butt wiping ritual that involved a lot of folding over of toilet paper and careful angling of her claws. No thanks. I'll keep my nails short and useful.