Short shorts

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Peninha • Jun 5, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know what the deal is with those pockets hanging out. To me it looks uncomfortable and even impractical. I wonder if those pockets have any use at all, or whether they are supposed to be only "ornamental"? I haven't seen anyone with full pockets so far.
    I don't mind the shortness of the shorts that I see around the city, it's just that the pockets are an eye sore to me.

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that companies are becoming experts in making in a profit, I mean, they just cut some defective jeans, they don't even bother to remove the pockets and there you go, a new trend of shorts, how smart is that? Not so smart for those wearing them though.

3. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    Aren't those daisy dukes? They were very popular in the 80's and 90's. I never wore them. I used to wear short shorts but not that short. I never wear short shorts now. I've had children and feel the need to be more modest. I like most of the top of my legs covered, as it makes me feel more secure, for some reason. Maybe for modesty's sake?

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind seeing the legs of women, even if they had kids, but I think some things aren't stylish or make any sense and this particular piece of clothing is just one of those. My wife never wear shorts as well, don't know why, possibly it's simply not her style.

5. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    These have been popular for a few years now among the highschool/college/university scene here in Ontario. Were cutoffs not popular a few decades ago? Thing is you see people talking about how "shorts have got shorter" in recent years.
    Well I beg to differ. Short length varies over time. I remember seeing photo's of my dad and uncle in these SUPER DUPER short short in gym class in high school. Then in the 90's the longer shorts were popular. Now knee high shorts on men and short on women.

6. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I actually like them, but I'm not that crazy over them. As for being comfortable, I never had any problem wearing them so my anser is that they are.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Very short shorts are not for me, and short shorts with pockets poking down the bottom are especially not for me. BUT they are very fashionable among the very young, mainly teens. Those ones in the picture look longer than the ones I've seen, that look more like denim panties. I mean those ones ride right up their cracks and show their butt cheeks, it's just horrible. What's more, girls of all shapes and sizes wear them. I think they look tacky.