Short vs. Long Nails

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by forextraspecialstuff • Jul 2, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I play piano so I really can't have my nails long even for quite a while. They always have to stay short, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play the instrument with much competence. Besides, I am not really comfortable having them long. It just feels that I always have to be cautious otherwise they are going to break and be damaged.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer longer nails, but even a medium length is enough. Short nails just don't do much for me, but fortunately, these days, you don't even have to grow them out and rather just get some attached whenever there's a special occasion. They are now good and realistic enough that you'd never be able to tell the difference, but I think it should be applied by professionals or someone who has a lot of experience with it for it to work best.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, my nails seem brittle, they chip and bend easily, so I have no choice but to grow my nails short. I don't mind though, because I don't really like having long nails to begin with, they tend to damage fabric by accidentally pulling some threads too, from what I have noticed.

4. maRei

maReiNew Member

Threads:
    I used to have long nails, especially when I was still attending school. Now that I'm older and already responsible for a lot of household chores, having shorter nails have become more convenient. I also realized that they look cuter and cleaner just short. I tend to be clumsy too, so long nails are really not for me. I often scratch myself and others with long square-tipped nails.

5. Betsyake

BetsyakeMember

Threads:
    I like to keep my nails short and simple as I think it would take much time to manage long nails.