Should I buy myself a bike?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Ionel • Mar 9, 2014.

1. Ionel

IonelNew Member

Threads:
    I've had one when I was little and it was among my most enjoyable sports. But I'm not sure whether to invest the money into a bike, or into upgrading my gaming computer this summer.

Is biking your favorite sport?

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    As my avatar is a bike and cycling is my thing I could not pass up your post. I strongly urge you to go with the bike. The bike is a lot of fun and summer is the time to enjoy it - get outside and get that fresh air. It will do wonders for your body and your mind. As you were only upgrading a computer, you will still be able to play games on those foul days. There are also many gadgets for bikes these days that can connect to the computer and provide a wealth of interesting data.

3. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I've always wanted to buy a bike. I guess I never really prioritized buying one, but I think it would really save some gas. We have a family business very near our home, but we drive every morning and sometimes we take multiple trips going home and back to work. Sometimes we forget important documents at home, so we literally need to start up the car and drive home to get it. It would be pretty convenient to easily grab a bike and bike home with some fresh air.

We can save gas money, and obviously, I think it would even save time because you wouldn't have to drive around some traffic.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, when you compare a bike with a computer for games I'd go 100% for the bike. In fact I'm going to invest this summer in building a space to keep my bike and buying bikes for the wife and kids. I have a small flat and I have no space inside, so I'll rebuilt my storage space outside.

5. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    I would suggest the bike as well. Updating your gaming computer is awesome and all, but the bike will allow you to move about more. Now, if you do a lot of walking or exercising anyway, then sure upgrade the computer.

6. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Bike > computer. Better for your health and can even be more fun if you believe it!

I always prefer riding a bike over doing physical types of running activities. Bike riding tends to be less strenuous on your joints and can actually give you a better cardiovascular workout due to the increased time bike riders spend riding as opposed to just jogging or running.

7. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    You already have a computer but not a bike, go for the bike! It's gonna do wonders for your health and can became a great hobby. It's been a while since I last took my bike for a spin (it's winter and all) but I can't wait to get started again. Another option would be to buy a cheaper second hand bike and also some components for your PC. That way you satisfy both of your needs. Plus, meeting awesome people is easy if you join a biking club in your area.

8. wkramos20

wkramos20New Member

Threads:
    Personally, I would buy a bike. In my perspective, riding a bike isn't as fun as gamming but on the other had, biking is extremely healthy. I am a heavy set person and i can't even describe how fast a bike will get your heart rate up. It is very tiring riding a bike for an extended amount of time but it is very beneficial. It would keep you in shape. Not only that, riding a bike is fun, especially biking through trails in the woods or in the mountains. I would buy a bike if I were you.

9. Adryan

AdryanMember

Threads:
    If you ask me i think i would also go for a bike it will help me keep physically healthy even though biking is not my favorite sport but it is one of the best sport you have to remain fit and you can upgrade your computer anytime you want but staying fit and healthy is far more important to me than playing games in computer!:)

#9Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  10. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Please go out and get yourself a new bike. Reap the health benefits of fitness over stationary entertainment. As a matter of fact, I'd be biking right now if the weather wasn't so crappy. I can't wait for the summer to arrive. I want to get a new bike as well, because the one I have is going bad and constantly needing to be fixed.

11. Cariad

CariadNew Member

Threads:
    I would say definitely go and buy the bike. You can always buy a second hand bike at a cheap price if you are worried you wouldn't put it to use very much.
    I am wanting a bike for the first time in my adult life. I use to go everywhere on my bike when I was a teenager and I was very slim and fit. I want it for transport also, so I will be looking to get one at around £30. I am willing to wait.

Computer games are fun but if you are only upgrading then you already have something to play games on. Get a bike and go exercise, whilst seeing the real world around you.

12. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Bike riding is an exceptional exercising benefit to your body. You should really consider on getting another one as it's a cheap fun activity and a healthy one at that.

13. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    If you really like biking, then you can get yourself a bike and ride around. I was once a big fan of riding but that changed when I grew older. I have not been riding for quite a while now but may be I will try it again and see how it goes. I might get a bike myself in the near future.

14. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    No. Biking is not my favorite sport.

I would not recommend you invest your money in a bike at this point. Simply because if you were really going to use the bike. You would already have one. A bike only cost about $50.

I would recommend that you invest your money on upgrading your computer. Because i think you may be more interested in that. Buying a bike would be a waste your money. So, do not buy a bike if you are not sure that you are going to use it.

15. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Biking is not my favorite sport but I recommend you buy a bike for your health's sake, for the environment, and for the many savings you will get for using a bike as compared to driving a car. The computer upgrade can follow. Since you said, you plan to use it for games, all the more you need to invest on something that will keep you healthier. With longer life, you can play more games in the future.

16. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying a bike is a great investment as I said in my previous post, it's money well spent. Just two tips after buying it: 1. put it in an accessible place so that you can get it and put it away, sometimes we can get lazy with this detail. 2. get a biking routine, ride at least a few times per week, that way you'll get the full bike experience.

17. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Go for the bike. Get outdoors and enjoy nature and life instead of sitting in front of computer games all day. Well, I don't know I you sit there all day, but I guess if you are thinking of upgrading your gaming computer, you probably spend quite a bit on it. :)
    A bike will take to many places and open new possibilities for you. You get to see things and meet people, whereas your computer will only mess with your head if you use it too much.

18. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I have been asking myself this same exact question. Part of me really wants to get a bike because I can see myself using it quite often, but then the other part of me thinks I am going to buy it and it will just sit in the corner!

19. blackbagel

blackbagelMember

Threads:
    I think buying a bike is a very good idea because there are many benefits to it. You can make an excuse to go exercise and it is much more fun than running. It can look a bit lame when you are just running on the street but it looks better when you are biking to places. You can make a destination like a park to go to by your bike. You can even go site viewing on your bike and bring along a camera to capture the beautiful scenery. Also you can go mountain biking on a trail. You can get yourself some equipment and have fun blazing through the trail. There are countless activities to do on your bike and it could provide a great way to exercise.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, I don't know how to ride a bike, and I'm scared of the bruises and wounds that I will get when practicing, so obviously, biking isn't my expertise. As for you, it depends on what you prioritize the most, like what is more urgent at the moment, biking or your pc? Then make the decision.