Should I Stock Up On iPad Cases?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Jun 1, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I went to the mall recently and dropped by my local tech shop, and was surprised to see that all the iPad cases they were selling were for either the iPad Mini or the iPad Air, but I myself have an iPad 3. I just recently bought it with an official Smart Case, and it looks like the case will be wearing out way before the device itself gives out, and I'm wondering if I should buy two or three more extra ones while they are still available to last me for the couple of years I presume I'll be using the device for because I'm afraid people and manufacturers will stop caring about the older iPad models altogether in the near future. Additionally, I'd love to hear which cases you guys have used and I'd like to know which ones you'd recommend. I'm happy with my official case, but the stand isn't really that sturdy so I'd love to hear about any other alternatives I can use instead.

2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that there is no need to stock them up. I am sure that if you visit several online stores such as eBay and Amazon you will find the cases even years from now. The only problem is that by then most of them might be brand new but in good condition. So if you have the money you could actually stock them for now.

3. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    No need to stock up really, but if you want to it's up to you since you might have some hard time finding one once the stocks go out or if the stores pull then off the shelves. Although you can buy one online, you might have to be careful on the quality and overall condition of you purchase.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why would you do that? Are you a collector of iPad cases?

I don't see any reason for you to stock up on iPad cases unless you plan on selling them.

There are some cases which offer certain features that other cases don't give but that doesn't mean that you should get all the iPad cases that you can.

DO NOT stock up on iPad cases.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nah, don't bother. Like others said, you could get them online beyond the point where the stores stop selling them.

Now if you find a really good deal, you might want to go ahead and pick up ONE more to replace your current one, but don't get 2 or 3 unless you have multiple devices.

6. Moriarty

MoriartyNew Member

Threads:
    I'll have to side with the rest of the commentators and say that this is probably not the best idea. You'll be able to find these cases for quite some time in the future and even if stores stop stocking them you'll be able to find them online no problem. And I don't necessarily mean used on eBay but any online electronics retailer will probably have a few in their warehouses for years to come. Those things aren't cheap either so I would have to say you probably don't need to stock up on a bunch.