Should I Write A Formal Complaint In This Case?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Colebra • Aug 18, 2015.

1. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like she was abrupt, even rude, but everyone has a bad day now and then. Maybe it was just poor word choice. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and I don't think one rude employee on a single day is worth a complaint to the store. I would complain only if there was a pattern of multiple rude/surly employees on the same day, at roughly the same time of day on multiple days, or if the the same employee was rude to you multiple times.

2. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    That wasn't a right response on her part, but I can understand where she's coming from. I worked as a sales associate for a year and people would always come in 5 minutes before closing time and shop until past closing time and it was very irritating. They knew what time we closed, but didn't care and did it on purpose. That's rude of them to do. I know not everyone knows better, but it's frustrating when you are supposed to go home to your family at a certain time after working all day long, and you can't get out at the time you're supposed to. But you should have just told her you weren't trying to be rude. She could have used a different way of getting her message across for sure. That wasn't necessary. But I don't think it's worth putting in a complaint.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that WAS rude! I too have worked extensively in customer service and wherever I worked, I was trained to know that even having had the most horrible day at work, the customer didn't have to know about it. You basically have to have the patience of a saint and take everything on the chin.

I personally wouldn't complain, on this occasion. I know how hard it can be for those customer service assistant, and complaining may put her job on the line. So just to be 'human', I'd give her a pass just this once. However, if I went back and she did something else, I would be straight on it. I wouldn't even negotiate with her, I'd escalate it to management.