Should Men Have Manicures?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by deansaliba • Jun 30, 2014.

1. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    As a man who grew up in the late 70s and 80s I was never encouraged to look after myself like men are encouraged to do today. But do you think more men should have manicures? I had one a few years ago when my girlfriend was offering this service to her friends and wanted to offer it to men and asked me to be a guinea pig. I don't believe I could ever go into a shop and ask for one, I don't even go in to have my back waxed I ask my girlfriend to do it for me and even that embarrasses me beyond belief.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it would make men look effeminate if they were to have manicures in public. I think if ever they want their nails done by someone else, then they should do it in private like in your case. Pedicures, on the other hand, look acceptable to me.

3. GLOGIK

GLOGIKMember

Threads:
    Hi, I think it's absolutely unnecessary for men to go for manicures. I mean, what's the point? This is my personal opinion though, but I think manicures make men look really irresponsible. In fact, I like the phrase you've used: It makes men look like "guinea pigs".

4. cedrickismw

cedrickismwMember

Threads:
    I think we should do our part to avoid foot fungus and callus. To me this seems reasonable so I don't have to worry about people cutting themselves on my foot callus or fungi growing from my feet or smelly shoes I used to notice I had often, now I buy socks and underwear every chance I get. In fact I need to maybe invest in some foot cleaning products right now. I also don't want to get athlete's foot as its very unpleasant and hard to get rid of any kind of ringworm.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am sorry, but I think that men taking manicures is just weird. I myself prefer a man to be very manly, and having a manicure and putting on base coats is just not attractive.

6. cedrickismw

cedrickismwMember

Threads:
    I don't think a guy has to get a manicure to keep his feet clean, showers, and regular foot products I think will do the trick. If that's what some guys do must be some ladies that like it otherwise they probably wouldn't.

7. junebug

junebugNew Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a problem with a guy getting a manicure/pedicure. I don't think they're usually getting their nails painted (or if so, it's just a clear coat/neutral) It's just a good way to keep your hands and feet looking and feeling good. And have you guys ever had a manicure/pedicure? They feel wonderful - so you're missing out if you feel like it's not a manly thing to do!

8. cedrickismw

cedrickismwMember

Threads:
    I'll pass, rock star style painted fingernails I can understand, but I'm just not pretty enough to be getting manicures. Keeping my feet from ruining my shoes and having to cut my toe nails full of fungus off and toss 'em somewhere is a different story though.

9. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    No way. I want a man that has manly hands. They aren't afraid to get them dirty and work hard. They are not a sissy. Of course, this is just my opinion. I don't even get my nails done, why should my husband or man?

10. cedrickismw

cedrickismwMember

Threads:
    I don't want rugged scissor hands I know that much. I can still work hard with gloves on made for doing dirty work and avoid that. Personally I feel holding a woman with rough callused fingers and scratching her in bed with rugged uncut toenails full of fungus is just unappealing. I feel if it were me I wouldn't want that. They probably have chap lips(which I do suffer from sometimes) and terrible nail dirt(also have this but I try to keep clean.) Do women actually like this?

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't know if they should, but I don't think it's that taboo anymore especially these days. I'm guessing the more acceptable form might be more of just a cleaning routine rather than an aesthetic one. I agree that having glossy nails kind of does look weird on a man, but that's just me. I'm sure there are a chosen few out there who prefer it.

12. cedrickismw

cedrickismwMember

Threads:
    Opinions seem kind of split on the matter, I know it isn't unheard of but I think some girls kind of go overboard with this sort of fantasy and I'm not sure it leads anywhere. Nothing wrong with being clean, just makes me wonder is it that or are we playing dress-up?