Should You Spend A Lot In Clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Ani_m • Jul 15, 2017.

1. Pravish

PravishMember

Threads:
    I usually do not believe in spending too much on clothes. I am very selective and cautious about the price V/s the utility (the frequency of use of that particular clothing). I usually spend a good amount of money towards the clothes I use more often in a week/month and pay special attention to its quality to ensure I can use it for a considerable period of time and i dont mind paying a little extra. I am not a party animal. So I always make sure I do not spend on party clothes, when I do I make sure it's not too expensive and it would be good to wear a couple of times. I do not like to spend a lot on clothes which I seldom wear and see them hanging in my wardrobe.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you @naruto100@naruto100 that it's all about brands and nothing else. A so called big brand may not have superior quality but just the brand name does all the trick for increasing its price. One can get better clothes from unknown brands at less than half the price but people think brand is guarantee of better stuff.

3. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I dont consider clothes as in investment so i wouldn't recommend it, but i usually buy a few that are high quality.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    As Far I am concerned most of my clothes are casuals for general use which are not highly priced and my formal clothes which I wear for my official use are also not costly necessarily but according to occasion. I prefer to stay away from costly brands. I generally buy cloth and get my clothing tailor made that fit me well.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am conservative when it comes to clothing. I dress simply so I can do away with expensive clothes. But in the recent years when we were traveling often, I came to realize that it is worth the cost of expensive clothes in terms of quality. Cheap clothes are easy to fade and are not durable while expensive clothes last for years.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me, I buy Walmart's bargain corner's clothes. I can get a shorts for $3 or a t-shirt for 1.78 sometimes, that with glee I scoop up. Only one thing the sizes are very different. I bought just on sight with only looking at the label and it's so small. I will never do that again for I love baggy clothing, this is so very clingy. It's up to the person to me if they can afford to buy clothes at a high price with brand name lucky them.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    A socialite, a model for a fashion are spending much on clothes. Their days are not complete with a new set of clothes especially those in demand or trending. They have more than enough money to spend for such whims and caprices for they are rich. But ordinary people spend much on foods rather than in clothes. They just buy a new clothes when their clothes are already old or worn out.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    True, if someone know how to check the quality then they can get quality clothes in really less price with less popular brand. So even I avoid popular branding most of the time as it can be waste of money. I don't like to spend more for branding and specially for clothes.

9. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I do not spend a ton of money when it comes to clothes and I do not buy a lot. I do know that some expensive clothes have good quality but if you have the time to check some thrift shops then you can buy something good but with a cheaper price tag. A friend of mine who lives 3 hours away from my place just told me that there are a lot of stores near his place and you can buy shoes for just $10 and shirts for around 30 cents. I might save up and buy some stuff there if I have time.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Kimika@Kimika Yes the people in western countries are lucky that they have fewer sets of clothes but still present them nicely unlike countries in our region where the climate is hot almost 8-9 months of the year and you have to change and wash your clothes frequently. I live in both atmosphere and do not feel the need of costly clothes or too many sets of clothes while living in my present location but back in my home country I have to buy frequently although I avoid very costly clothes.

11. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    True, it's horribly hot that's why I always buy clothes made of cotton. I usually wear something that a lot of people would only wear on a beach since it's so hot. I also stay away from clothes that would cost me a lot since they would be washed often, they wouldn't last that long unless you have a lot of clothes.

12. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    If you have the money to spare or financially capable of doing so, then why not, go for it spend something to improve your overall personality. It's your money anyway, you work hard for it, spend it as you please. But if you're not that lucky and can barely afford it, why bother? A $50 clothing is just too expensive for me. Spend your money on some more useful things, food perhaps or just save it to pay bills and monthly rents.

13. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I do not like to spend too much on clothing, but I used to buy more branded clothes when I was working in office as we were required to wear formally. The quality is really different, and I feel more comfortable wearing those clothes too. I used to buy much cheaper office wear, but they didn't look nice and comfortable. I had to wear that formal wear for the whole day, so I decided to go for better quality and more comfortable clothes. But, I always bought during the sales period, so it wouldn't be so expensive.

Since I am a stay at home mom now, I haven't been buying new clothes for quite a long time, and I have been wearing t-shirts and shorts always. :D

14. Arthur Stella

Arthur StellaNew Member

Threads:
    No, not at all it actually depends that at which type of clothes I am going to spend money, If I feel that for any particular clothes, if that clothes are of really good quality that I can spend than I don't think about the money, I don't compromise with quality even if it costs high, just before some days I ordered some gym leggings from Gym Clothes store and the thing was that I found the cost of the gym apparels very cheap so I thought about the quality as per the range but I ordered some products and trust me I am totally satisfied with there products and even I don't felt bad of spending money here..

15. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    There are times when I will have to go for a bit more expensive piece of clothing and $40 or $50 may be a bit pricey for a short but not very expensive. I would spend in that range to buy a shirt if it really suits my fit for a particular occasion. I just can't subscribe to strictly low budget wear, I will have to step it up a bit sometimes.

16. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I spend on clothes only when I need it. This way I end up saving money on them. And the amount of money it takes for spending on clothes can be reduced as well. But it requires some efforts. And it;s not easy to do it all the time. Some of the time as you can see there are not many discounts. So it comes down to finding a good store where you can get the discount for clothing.

17. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Spending on a certain clothe depends on many things. First, it depends on where that clothe is being bought. We have some places which are unnecessarily more expensive than others, even if they may be selling the same type of cloth. Secondly, it depends on the type of material. Some materials are more expensive than others. Another factor is the size of the cloth itself. Children clothes tend to be cheaper than adult clothes. Therefore, for the sake of saving cash, we should base on those several factors.

18. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not spend too much on clothes it is being a long time i do not spend on clothing. Coronavirus is really so irritating now. Hope things will get better now.

19. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    It depends, on personality, budget and your profession as well. But i don't spend that much money on clothes. Because have many other interests in my life that force me to control my expenses. Like traveling, family and a limit of my income. That is really a waste of money for a person with limited income but for a milliner its not a big deal at all.

20. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    If people have money then yes they will definitely like to spend on clothes and things they like. Hope this will be good for having such a good time.

What will you say about Trendy