Shower curtain

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Peninha • Sep 16, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to get a few years use out of my bathroom decor before changing it. I wouldn't just change the bath curtain, I would end up changing the entire look of the bathroom, because I like to buy everything coordinated. In most cases when I do this I end up spending around $200 for curtains, hangers, tissue box covers, rugs, toilet covers, artwork, cups, brush holders, etc...

For the bath curtains I typically go with a nice cloth curtain then change the plastic liner once a month. The cloth curtains will last quite a while as long as you are careful to not get any cleaning products with bleaches on them to discolor them.

The plastic liners in particular, I get dirt cheap for like $1.99 at places like Big Lots. No sense spending like $25 for some heavy duty one at Bed Bath & Beyond if it's going to be covered in soap scum and mold within a month or two. Instead of trying to clean that off I just toss it and replace it with a new one.

2. McsSlep

McsSlepNew Member

Threads:
    I only change mine when I absolutely have to. I do wash it when it needs it though to help it last longer.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go that far, when it starts to get dirty I don't even bother to wash it because it's plastic you know, so that sort of material can't be properly washed. That is why I am buying a new better quality one, I am tired of buying bad ones all the time.

4. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a plastic shower curtain liner and then a nylon cover curtain that is what shows on the outside. Plus I have a pretty lace cover that goes over the fabric shower curtain. I used to have a couple of the fabric curtains, and then when i got tired of one look, I just changed oer to one of the other outer curtains.
    The little plastic liners don't last a long time, and I do put mine through the wash machine along with the fabric curtain; and when it wears out, then I look for another liner.
    I have seen some on eBay that I really liked, but they were expensive , and I could not justify spending that much money on a shower curtain right now.

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I use shower enclosure rather than shower curtains as you never have to replace them. Also it makes the place look really good and private. The smell of plastic that you most often get from shower curtains will never be seen in shower enclosures.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shower enclosure might work fine for smaller places, but I don't think it works with a bathtub. What do you have akiii, a bathtub or just the shower? I hope one day I can have a big bathtub where I can lie down an relax, now mine is a little small, my whole body doesn't fit in there.