Shower in the morning or in the evening?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Oct 29, 2014.

1. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I like to shower at night. This is because it is soothing to me and helps me sleep well throughout the night. Also, I hate having to go outside especially if it is cold, after I have just took a shower. Thats a good way to get sick.

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a point taken, it can be more complicated for women to shower in the morning because it can take them a while to dry long hairs. On the other hand I can get sweaty at night, so I prefer to do it in the morning, my hair is not that long. :)

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    As someone who has psoriasis I have to shower twice a day, morning and in the evening, but if I play football or workout then I will shower after that as well. I sweat easily so it won't be fun for me taking my stinky body for a walk around town or on public transport! :)

4. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    I usually shower in the evening because I don't like to go to bed dirty and so my bed is always clean and I don't have to fully shower again in the morning because I wake up fresh and clean. I fully support showering in the evening :)

5. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I think the best is to just shower once a day. According to my dentist the answer is twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening, but it also depends on many other things, like the weather, the temperature, availability of water, and water quality. Unfortunately, there is no alternative to showers, so I now shower depending on my activities. If I'm very active throughout the day, I might shower thrice.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I always shower in the morning, I feel like I am not fit to leave the house without a shower, but I also shower in the evening after ballet classes because I am sweaty and gross. I enjoy evening showers more, but morning showers are more important.

7. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I try to shower both in the evening and in the morning right before I leave. On the off chance that I have to choose I usually skip the morning shower. I had never given it any thought or reason, but a while back I realized that it's because I feel dirty after a long day at school, and I don't want to get my bed all covered in outside grime and dirt. If I don't shower in the morning people usually can't tell, so I don't feel like it's a big deal like some people make it out to be.

8. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I don't remember exactly why, but my therapist told me that he doesn't recommend showering at night. I think it has something to do with being dirty in the morning and for the rest of the day. On the other hand, if you shower in the morning, you go to sleep dirty. I doubt it really matters, to be honest.

Also, I shower at night 90% of the time.

9. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I think there are upsides to showering during both times of the day. When I shower in the morning, it helps me to rid those morning cobwebs and become more awake and refreshed, preparing me nicely to go about my day. Showering in the night is great because it puts me at the right comfort level, making me all set to have a good sleep. But if I had to choose one, I'd say I prefer taking showers in the morning since it usually makes me feel great to start my day.

10. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes when I get home at night after exercising I am totally wasted, I just sit on the couch for 30 minutes zombiying at the TV while gaining courage to go to the bathtub, but I have no option, after exercise we need to shower.

11. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I usually shower in the evening, it's a good way to cap off the day before I head to bed.
    Occasionally I'm far too tired for a shower and just wan't to go to sleep though, in those cases I'll shower in the morning, even if it means getting up a bit earlier.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really think that it matters if one goes to bed dirty. I mean, you are just going to sleep, unless you are going to sleep with your partner. But many kinky people out there don't like the smell of soap on their partner when they are making love to them lol. It is important to be fresh in the morning, so that you feel fresh for the day. I don't know where the idea of having a shower the night before and expecting it to last all the way through the following day, came from. It would do people well to research what happens to the body when we sleep. showering in the morning is more than necessary. In an ideal world people would shower at night and in the morning, but many people just don't have the time for it.

13. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shower in the morning rather than in the evening. I fee that taking bath in the evening makes you very sleepy and makes it difficult to wake up in the morning. Also taking bath early in the morning makes you fresh for the entire day.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    I agree with the whole taking a bath for relaxation purposes in the evening times. Some of my best baths ever - when I still used to have baths, as opposed to the showers that I always take these days - happened of an evening time. There were little worries, and you feel all warm and snug before hitting the sheets. I used to sleep like a baby, especially smelling so good afterwards lol. But bathing in the evening for the following day, in case of thinking that you are clean is just too much of a stretch.

15. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Depending on what activities I'm doing for that day and what time, I usually will shower one and a half hour prior to it. I don't hold a certain scheduling time for showering or bathing, because I never know what will be the result of the activities I do that day that will make me sweat and stink. However, if I had a certain time schedule, I would choose taking showers at night, because it laxes my body and helps to ease me int sleep.

16. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    I am a weirdo and shower twice a day; once in the morning and once before bed. I just love showering and feeling clean.

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    Don't call yourself a weirdo lol. I wouldn't say that you were a weirdo just because you shower twice a day. If only more people could enjoy two showers/baths a day. I actually know more than a handful of people who shower twice a day whenever they have the time. Of course, their need to shower twice in one day will often be invigorated by whatever activities thy are doing. Sometimes it is that time of the month for them, and they just want to freshen up. Feeling clean is a lovely feeling :) Seeking out that feeling is a great thing :)

18. Dakotasapphire

DakotasapphireNew Member

Threads:
    I shower at night time because it's at the end of the day. I don't like having to go to bed with wet hair, but it's better than walking around in the morning to work or school with wet hair because its cold here most of the time in the morning. I also feel like sleeping with the dirt from the previous day can be very uncomfortable.

19. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It depends on my mood or my activities for that day. I work from home so I usually can wait until afternoons to take my bath and I do that most times especially when I know I have to do some house chores. If I'm going out, thou, I'd usually start getting ready in the morning and if the activity for that day is tiring and would make me feel sticky then I'd take a bath when I get home at night too.

20. mikaela3884

mikaela3884New Member

Threads:
    I do shower morning and before going to bed. But I make it sure that I relax my self before taking a bath.