Shower in the morning or in the evening?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Oct 29, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The days when I shower twice per day are very rare, that only happens when I am doing sports or in the summer and I am going to the beach. In a common day I usually shower in the morning and that's it, no need to shower in the evening unless I went to work out.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shower in the evening and have coffee in the morning to wake up. I'm usually short on time in the morning, so I only take morning showers on holidays or days off.

3. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    Neither.

I tend to shower at noon, when the day is warm enough for me to not to freeze when getting out of the shower due to the breezes and the water is cool enough for me to ward off the heat.

It really is delicious and I do recommend it.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You really do not need to shower twice a day unless you have gotten particularly sweaty. It's a waste of hot water otherwise. It really depends for me, I'll often shower before bed if I have an early start the next day and want to save time. Sometimes though, only a good shower will wake you up in the mornings! It all depends on how I feel, I never have a set showering time.

5. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    In the winters I usually shower in the evening. But when summer comes it might be necessary to shower in the mornings also. If I'm in a rush I just wash really quick over the sink only to apply fresh antiperspirant after. I don't think it's a necessity to shower twice a day if you are not a sweaty guy/girl.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When I get home, either I take a shower immediately before I start my homework or start my homework immediately and then take a shower before I go to sleep. Whichever the case is, I make sure that take a shower and take a bath in the morning before I sleep. I really don't feel comfortable without it. It sets my on.

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shower at night. It's always been that way. I guess I just don't feel like taking the time when I get up. Within a few minutes of getting up, I walk the dogs. Right now it would be really crazy to take a shower in the morning because it would make me more cold when I go out.

8. globulon

globulonMember

Threads:
    I'm firmly in the camp of evening showers. It just seems more logical to clean yourself off after a long day of dirtying yourself after work! I do understand that taking morning showers really refreshes you for the rest of the day. If I had more time and willpower, I'd rather do both!

9. lessthanthree

lessthanthreeNew Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! I agree with you, and also tend to keep my bedroom at a low temperature year round, so I don't really tend to sweat much at night. I agree that for some people it makes sense to shower in the morning because it makes them feel better, but I just can't imagine getting as dirty sleeping at night (even if I sweat) than I do when I'm moving around all day. I also work out in the evening, so it makes sense to me to shower after I work out.

10. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have very dry hair which is why I decided to stop washing my hair daily. That's why I only shower every evening, then I just wash my body and my face every morning before going to school. This helps me make my hair even more shiny, silky, and shiny. However, I began feeling chilly every time I shower and I don't experience that before.

11. kay17

kay17New Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shower in the evening for many reasons. I am not a morning person, so I get to sleep in an extra thirty minutes just by showering the night before. Also, showering in the evening is the only way I can relax after a stressful day. The only time I will shower in the morning is if I have to attend a large event that day, such as a wedding.

12. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    For me this has to be morning because I need to wake up, lol. If I shower in the evening then that wakes me up in the evening and I don't really want that. I then can't sleep, although I sometimes like washing my hair in the evening that way I can mess about with different hair styles, :D.

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lately I've exercising at night and shower at night too and let me tell you it's really convenient to wake up in the morning and not losing those minutes showering, I go to work way faster.

14. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that it all depends on my day. I like to shower in the morning for the most part, but there are times when I'm about to go out a night, and I have to shower for those times. There are times in the morning where I will shower and just stay home all day.

15. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    I have three little girls so showering is a job on its own, because I have a very busy lifestyle, I like to shower in the morning and at night, because of this I need to use a good moisturizer because my skin dries out very easily, I don't always shower at night, I just do it after my workout, and likewise I shower my girls at night that I 't have to worry about it in the morning.

16. Adrienne Edwards

Adrienne EdwardsNew Member

Threads:
    This is something I never really thought about. I guess I just went by how my body felt at any time of the day. There are times when I wake up in the morning and felt a need for a shower. There were times when I am at home during the day and felt a need to cleanse. I guess, to me, it shouldn't be governed by a certain time of day. Just whenever needed.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to take my shower in the morning, it helps me to wake up and get ready for the day. If I have been working in the yard during the day I will take a bath before I go to bed in the evening, a bath helps me to relax and sleep sounder.