Showering on the beach

Discussion in Travel started by Gelsemium • Sep 6, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, if you have read the first post of the thread you would have got it Sly. So just imagine that you're at the beach, all salty and sandy and you need to go to work, but don't have time to go home, a good shower there becomes rather handy right?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that asking for money for showers on the beach is absolutely ridiculous, unless there is a severe water shortage and water is hard to come by. It actually quite sickens me to see how many things are becoming "privatized" these days. I would definitely not pay a single cent for a shower on the beach, but simply bring my own container of water in my car, and pour it over myself to get rid of the salt.

3. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Oh really Gelsemium? Really I have never heard about Costa da Caparica beaches. How are they? Are they nice and clean? Or polluted and dirty? I think you have great interest in beaches as I have. Recently I came from Hawaii Island. It was a tremendous trip. My friend is going to Portugal to meet his childhood friend for the first time in his life. Any tip that you want to give him? What do you like most in this region? Please share your experience with me. I would like to read about it.

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I think charging €1 for use of the shower is perfectly reasonable, it's a great way to keep it's maintenance in good condition and also prevents someone from simply going there at night and turning it on all night.
    In services like these it's actually preferable to have a cost, it serves to keep undesirables away at a symbolic price.

5. Muraki

MurakiNew Member

Threads:
    In my country the showers on the beach are still present.

With that said I can't understand that new system to the fullest so I will make it short. That just sounds to me like too many people complained for being molested there or it not functioning properly or something like that so the government decided to take some measures. It costing now something means they need care which costs money but are better in terms of functions so there is no need to complain about that.

All in all I don't see the downside of such new showers and would gladly try them out if I could.

6. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I like this idea. The service can be costly if it is offered for free. Efficient use of water can certainly alleviate a number of problems. I am aware of the drought in California, and I wonder if something like this is practiced on their beaches. It would be a great idea for everyone to get on board. Water is something we need for survival and maintaining its availability and quality should be a priority. I believe we should all make a conscientious effort in saving water in whatever application and whatever part of the world we live in.

7. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That's a good point Jake, if the showers are paid people will used the water with more attention, they will not spend so much of it. Sadly, it happens, just when we are paying for something is when we save it and value it, so in this case it can be a water saver.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, the fee is quite reasonable and cheap anyway, so I don't see anything wrong with the newly implemented charges. I'm sure since they now charge to take a shower, I guess there will be improvements in their facilities.

9. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That is the thing sidney, it's new facilities, those places didn't existed before, they were built with communitarian funds (from the EU), so it's a new beach front we have in my country that attracts a lot more tourists.

10. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I do shower on the free showers there are in the beach. Not only this is free and that I am able to save a lot of money from here, it's also less time consuming and of course more convenient especially for someone like me who's always after for adventure, and always excited for fun and to get myself on the beach.

11. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That is a good point you focus, the adventure part lol. It's so rare these days to have a free day from work, wife and kids and with good weather, that when I have it I just want to enjoy that day to the fullest and these little details like a shower on the beach do help.

12. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never been the kind of person who would be interested in showering in beach as I think it is quite weird to do so. I think it is better to try and find a better place to Bath rather than in the beach as it is fun to do anything in beach except taking a bath. I think it is quite gross to do so.

13. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Gelsemium ! According to my point of view most people went to the beaches to enjoy the natural sights and water activities. If anyone is just going there just to shower, I think it is not a thrilling energetic because it is a very common thing. We can enjoy this at home too. What will you say about it?

14. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    roki123! You are right that we visited the beaches for our happiness and to do lots of water sports such as parasailing, surfing, boating, swimming, soaking and snorkeling but when you feeling irritated with the sand so you have to take showers as soon as possible. Meanwhile if you got the shower so your problem and irritation will be sorted out. I also don’t like to take showers on the beaches but if it would be a problem so I can take it.

15. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Ashlee ! you have raised a good point to discuss . I think you are right, what will you say about the leaving footprints in the sandy area of the beach? how much exciting activity it is? Did you ever enjoy this I love to walk on the sandy area of shoreline. last time when I visited the white beach I walked about half an hour with my friend and enjoy the chit chat .

16. Garryson

GarrysonBanned

Threads:
    It’s truly amazing to enjoy leaving footprints in the sandy area. To walk on cool and wet sand bare fetes is awesome. I always enjoy this activity each time whenever I go to the any beach site especially on weekends. I also like to draw different sketches and write names on the wet sand. Guys! What kind of activity do you enjoy on the beaches?

6dc3adcbe7087e8993c4ff504f270d8a.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaAhiNAGiNsYwAgOpsmilDn3mqsWPepK9brKq21ciTf-lEAenZ.

#36Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  17. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Garryson ! I am happy to see that there are other members who love this activity like me I enjoy this last time when I visited the white beach and spend a day with my friend who join me after enjoying the celebrations of east coast. We talk about his tour and enjoy the walking on the wet sand. It was a lovely experience for me. I want to go there again to enjoy this activity. Garryson! which is your favorite beach?

18. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    roki123! Leaving the footprints on the beach is really an interesting hobby. I also love it. Here I want to talk about the White beach. As you said you have visited it last time, so I want to know your experience about this beach. Did you do there other water sports or not? I am curious to know your experience? would you like to share your experience with me?

19. Gelsemium

Threads:
    This is quite a strong opinion akiii, do you usually go to the beach or is it normal where you live? Because you say it's gross to shower in the beach and that makes no sense, or do you mean that it's gross to bathe in the ocean? Strange either cases.

20. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, Of course Ashlee ! I love to spend my weekends on different beaches and enjoy the water sports during summer. Here I want to mention my favorite water activities.
    • Water-Skiing
    • Jet Skiing
    • Scuba Diving
    • Windsurfing
    • Sailing
    let me know do you ever enjoy these activities?