Silkies-thermals For Women

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mockingbird • Feb 1, 2015.

1. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a northern climate that gets a fair amount of snow, we also get temperatures that are extremely cold. For years I used thermal under clothes. They keep you warm but are far from attractive to look at. There is a product now called Silkies, they used to make just tights and stockings but now they have shirts for under your sweaters and all sorts of nice warm clothing for winter wear. I have discovered they do sports clothing as well. I bought the pants for under my outer pants and a very cute top that you can wear as is or under another top. I might never buy thermals again.

Silkies or thermals which do you prefer?

2. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I will have to check them out! I dream of soft, silky thermals that aren't bulky like the regular cotton ones. For me it is about the feel next to my skin, and not being hampered when I walk. It is great they have t-shirts too! It makes since if they make sportswear, since it is so important to be comfy doing sports. Thanks for sharing this find.

3. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried silkies. We don't get a lot of bitter weather where I'm at, but we get a little cold weather along. It seems like cold is colder to me now than it used to be, too, so I do tend to wear my thermals more than I used to. I bet the silkies cost a bit more. I'll probably be sticking with my old fashioned bulkies.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where I'm from, you can get away with wearing silkies. The climate may be cold once the ber months set in, but it won't be long before the sun takes center stage again. I don't think I'll survive the climate in temperate countries without wearing thermal clothes, though. I'd rather bring thermals with me when visiting snowy places.