Simpsons Treehouse of Horror

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by soultakerkage • Oct 30, 2014.

1. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I will admit that the Simpsons are not as funny as they were in the 90s. I hardly watch the Simpsons nowadays. I still I try to special the Halloween Treeshouse of Horror specials every year. It has become one of those yearly traditions for me. Anyone else have I favorite episode you still enjoy watching today?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I disagree about The Simpsons not being as funny. I saw the marathon of every Simpsons ever on FXX and enjoyed it very much. I appreciate how current they stay with their humor. It's fresher than what Family Guy does. In any case, yes I still watch the Treehouse of Horror specials.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I think the Simpsons is kinda running out of new ideas, as they tend to satire current events. Most of the jokes are beginning to feel old and reused, but I feel that they are still quality productions, better than many other FOX works e.g. Family Guy.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, saw the latest Treehouse of horror, and it was probably one of the least entertaining episodes of the Simpsons Halloween specials I ever seen. Although, I give much kudos and respect for the writers, actors/actresses, producers, and staff of the Simpsons tv show, I understand it must be getting very hard to create new and better content for their viewers and I blame them not for this fact. At least, the Simpsons is still one of the better shows on tv, unlike most of the garbage being programmed and watched by people these days.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I am the same way. I don't like Simpsons anymore although I don't really hate them for changing, but I do still watch their Halloween specials just because they still carry a lot of charm and nostalgia for me. I think they were really able to capture something unique and original in their Halloween specials and even though the new ones are a bit off I still enjoy them.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know. I like how they're staying current and talking about things that are relevant. They still do that way better than Family Guy. Family Guy has become annoying overtime. I still enjoy The Simpsons and that 12 day marathon on FXX reminded me of that.

7. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjayMember

Threads:
    If this was 3 years ago, I would have agreed with the Simpsons not being funny. But these last few years it seems like the Simpsons has been getting it's mojo back. But as for the funniest Treehouse of Horror episode, I can't remember the number for sure. But I'll describe it. It was the episode where they put their spin on the Twilight Zone episode where William Shattner saw a monster on the outside of a plane and nobody believed him.

The treehouse episode had Bart seeing a gremlin on the side of the bus and nobody believed him.