Sit down buffet style restaraunt favorite?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Sweetkymom • Jun 12, 2014.

1. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Golden Corral! I like the multiple buffets with just about anything you could want. The fresh cut meat and cooked as you wait buffet is awesome as well. They still have a menu you can order from if you're not a buffet type person. I have to say that every time I take my son to his doc appt 3 hrs away, we stop at Golden Corral to eat. Its just an overall great place to eat.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We go to Golden Corral when we go shopping with the grand kids. The boys are teenagers with a desire for a lot of food. Golden Corral has enough vary to make every one happy. On Sundays the lines are out the door for hours. I like the chocolate fountain and the ice cream man.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Golden Corral was always my favorite. I don't eat there like I used to. I still go there on my birthday as a routine to make me feel better about it. I make a point when I am there to get the chicken soup and the rolls as they are the best.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buffets are fun, but they're not really frugal. A buffet can charge you $12-$16 but a human stomach can only hold $8 worth of food. I know a guy that just eats the expensive stuff like the seafood, to try and get his money's worth.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with ACSAPA that sometimes buffets can be expensive if you don't eat the most expensive items. My favorite buffet type place is Souplantation. I usually have a coupon and eat during the lunch hours. I don't eat seafood. I stick to the salads and the soups. I also don't overeat. I have a friend who overeats because he wants to get the most for his money.

6. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy the Golden Corral. But sometimes you have to stand in line just to enter. I'm not talking about Friday night but just a plain Tuesday!
    I love the Tokyo Buffet Lounge. I especially love it because its attached to my favorite movie theater.

7. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a favoruite restaurant when it comes to buffet because there are many good ones that provide buffet style food everyday here in my town. But sometimes they can be more expensive than ordering from a menu. I love being able to have so many choices though and that's usually the reason of me going to buffet.

8. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    Sweet Tomatoes. Golden Corral can be good, but it's got a lot of junk, fried foods and other unhealthy things. Picadilly is good too. You need to watch, though, at any buffet can contain cross-contamination of foods people might be allergic to. This isn't necessarily the staff's fault, as some absent-minded customer could've used the same spoon for two things without thinking.

9. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    When I would visit TX as a kid, there was a place called Luby's that I loved. CA also had Sir Georges that was pretty good. As a native Angeleno, I have some memories of Clifton's and can't wait until they re-open. Never been to GC and I don't care for Hometown Buffet but I love a good Sunday brunch buffet anywhere.

10. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Our mall cafeteria has been gone a long time, we miss it. Now we only have one on the opposite end of town. It's a Luby's actually. We go occasionally just cuz.

The other buffet we can get with veggies is also Golden Corral. We love ours here. Buffet or not, honestly, it's not more expensive because we eat about the same. It's about the same price as single plate places, so hey, we love it because of the variety of choice. No matter how we look, things all over cost about the same, so Golden Corrall is not any more expensive for us.

We used to have a VERY favorite chef that did the meat at Golden Corrall. He could have had his own place honestly. People went there just for him. He was let go for other issues, well rumors, but it wasn't the food. We miss him. They went thru a bunch of people before finding anyone that could cook a steak even halfway good.

But it is one of the best things going in our town.