Skin Care for Pregnant Women

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by katharinemae • Mar 26, 2014.

1. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    Pregnant women should be aware that what they put on their bodies can sometimes affect the well being of the baby. Beauty products that contain retinoids and acids some of the substances that are said to be
    harmful for the baby so its really important to know what you are using. What skin care products do you use when you are pregnant?

2. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Whilst I was pregnant, I didn't change skincare I have always used cocoa butter and I used it all the way through my pregnancy. I also started to use bio oil once the stretchmarks kicked in. As much as I found it worked over time it, its really expensive for what you get and because its so oily it made me hot. Also grease rubs off onto clothes so I gave up with it.

What did you use?

3. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I used olive oil for the areas that usually get stretch marks especially on my tummy. I also put it on my arms and legs because I gained a lot during my pregnancy, just as a precaution. It really worked for me and its really inexpensive and easy to find.

4. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I rarely used any skin care or beauty products when i was pregnant. In spite of feeling like death, my skin never looks better than when I am pregnant. I get a nice rosy glow and a lovely smooth complexion. I never get spots when I pregnant and my complexion means I don't need to wear make-up. I have four children now and won't be having any more so its back to beauty products and make-up for me!

5. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    When my wife was pregnant she had some fancy-schmancy cream that was loaded with different vitamins in order to avoid stretchmarks (it worked btw), but could we simply have replaced it with olive oil then? That would have saved us quite some money... :)

6. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    I make all my own organic soaps, creams, etc. They contain all natural and actually beneficial ingredients. For instance, coconut oil is a 'superfood'. Providing nutrients, you skin will absorb what is put on it. It is crucial to stay away from generic store bought products. They are high in chemicals.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's very important for pregnant women to take good care of their skin, since pregnancy sometimes can give a woman some dark spots and also stretch marks in the body. To me it's imperative to use hypoallergenic, fragrance free and mild products. I think brands like Aveeno, Kiehl's and Clinique are a good call for that period.