Skin creams

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Dec 19, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to use creams on my face basically on a daily basis or else I get an eczema. I know (?) this is uncommon for a guy, but I don't have such problems. Men, do you use creams at all? Women, how many creams to you use?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Everyone should use some cream, even babies. There are more choices for men these days, but basically the same product is a grey or darker less feminine bottle or packaging. Women have so much choice, serums, lotions and creams. I used to work in the beauty industry so have jars and bottles of creams and women always like to try new ones. That's how the industry thrives with new technology and claims.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use creams, lotions nor any other fancy beauty product. I have oily skin so whether I apply anything or not, it wouldn't make much of a difference. I've gone without using creams or lotions for over a decade now and when people look at my face they'll make the wrong assumption that I spend sometime applying that stuff. Don't know if I'm lucky . . .

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Having an oily skin is something good Denis, mine is oily too, but for some reason I tend to develop eczema in some parts of the body - like the face - if I don't use the cream. As for babies Theo, sure, my kids always have cream after the bathing, their skin ask for it.

5. kelojou

kelojouNew Member

Threads:
    yes I use creams along with facial cleansers and few natural face care products which does not harm to our skin. just you try astringent face cleansers and green tea face cleanser

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As someone who used to suffer nasty cystic acne and very uneven skin tone as a result, I now use many beauty products. This has really helped me and put a break on many years of suffering (yes, it affected me that much...my face plagued by all manner of unsightly skin conditions!) My husband thinks it's too much, but I know for a fact there're women who use far more. As I have very oily skin, I use different lotions as opposed to creams:

- A day moisturiser
    - A night moisturiser
    -A serum
    - An exfoliating lotion
    - **A sunscreen- my holy grail of beauty products**

I have to keep up my routine to maintain my new fresher and cleaner skin. I also wash, tone and moisturise twice a day without fail. There's NEVER sleeping in makeup for me, no matter how lazy or tired I might be.

7. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    I try to stay with just the things that have worked for me and avoid moving about too much to try new products. I also have sensitive skin and i have to be careful what i use as it can result in nasty break outs. One cream is what i am using for now, until my dermatologist decides that there is the need to up this number, i will remain with this one.

8. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Speaking of skin creams, I recently got a bruise and it has left a scar, which creams would be the best to remove a scar/bruise? to cut a long story short, I was playing tennis with some friends, the ball was hit short, and I really wanted to get to it. I ran, fell, bruised my shoulder and now, even though it has healed perfectly, I still have the mark from the bruise on my skin; it is much lighter than my complexion so it is quite visible. I am not very self-conscious so I have not paid it much mind since, but, in the past couple days, I just have a feeling to speed up the process that it will take for the mark to leave my skin, so, share your wise words with me :) thanks in advance.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to get eczema too.. my whole life actually, until I cleaned up my diet, so I don't have to use creams anymore. My doctor told me I'd be a life long sufferer and only the creams would do any sort of healing, but I would always have flare ups. I just thought it was something I was born with and couldn't do anything about. Psoriasis too! It was lovely lol. Nothing I did cured me completely until I removed the crap from my diet and took on whole foods as my main food source. No, we shouldn't ALL use creams.. especially not babies. Always remember that our bodies are well oiled machines when treated properly.. and keeping it's skin in top condition is one of it's many awesome tricks. When something goes wrong with your body, no matter which part, always look at how you're treating your body.. not what you can do to cover it up. Nothing you do or buy will do better than your own body if you just treat it the way it's meant to be treated :) My top contributors were sugars and wheat.. but once my whole diet was clean, so was my body.

Good luck..

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hey ExpertAdvise. Hope you're enjoying the festive season and spending quality time with family :)?

I don't know which is worse; a scar that darkens more than the rest of your skin tone or one that lightens. You may want to try either Bio Oil, which is known for healing scars and uneven skin tone. My sister swears by it, but it never worked for me :(

OR you could try Vitamin E oil...I much prefer and swear by Vitamin E oil 1000 I.U. Ok, It's less fluid and harder to apply than the Bio Oil, less luxurious even; but I can attest to it working. Plus as it's so thick, it lasts forever. You could give it to a female member of the family once your scar disappears LOL They'll love you for it, that's for sure :)

11. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    @Howdy do Lushlala! I am indeed enjoying the festive season. And, I am enjoying quality with family too. How about you? what did you do for Christmas?
    I have heard about Bio Oil, and I see it often because it is heavily advertised so I think I will give it a try.
    Vitamin E Oil is also another product that I note and that is doing very well. I like that you say that it is really thick so that it stays on longer as creams that tend to stay on for a longer period of time tends to work faster thereby giving you results sooner
    Thanks for your suggestion :).

12. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I've been really lazy with this you know, I was reading a book about allergies and the bottom line there was that I needed to change my diet, but for some reason I stopped reading it. I need to pick it up again, in fact the diet is the base for everything!

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to just use Vaseline as face cream lol. I used to also use it for cream/lotion for my arms. But I finally purchased some Nivea face cream. We used to have some, and it used to live by the front door, but I hated using it because after applying it, it would have a terrible smell that you would be stuck with all day. Also, it would make my eyes sensitive? Like, I would find that if I didn't blink more, my eyes would water and become uncomfortable. I only really have one cream, or three. I use the Vaseline for my lips, the lotion for when I come out of the shower, and the face cream.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! It's so easy to stray from anything that tells us to change. It's the hardest thing for us to do, so it's understandable when we have such a hard time with the things that make us feel the best. We love food! lol. But in the long run, it doesn't make us feel better unless it's truly meant to be nourishing our bodies. How often do people feel crummy after a meal? How tired are they in general? Depression is a huge issue these days.. same with oral health. Skin issues plague most people these days. Digestive issues, don't even get me started.. on heart disease as well. So so many issues that people refuse to connect to their diets because food has come so far and is now more amazing than ever lol. Once you readjust to proper foods though, you'll see why these foods turn my stomach lol.. not as yummy as you think ;) Depends on how you look at them though.. the mind is very powerful when it comes to addictions and these foods are definitely that.

15. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Actually after I read your post I picked up the book again and I discovered just some pages ahead an important test that I am considering doing. I haven't got to the diet part, but I am guessing that first I need to know what is hurting me. Being tired is a key factor, I feel that meals don't provide me the energy I need...

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry to hear that.. yes, I just read you were getting tested in the last post I responded to. I do hope it's just your diet with an easy fix. Allergies are a tricky thing. I do think most people with allergies, brought them on with their general diet. It's not a popular opinion (obviously, because it's not the only way to come up with an allergy), but it's one I believe in. The food we eat becomes us and it effects how our bodies react to everything. But who knows.. we can't eat, drink or breathe without changing our bodies in a million different ways.. who knows what's what anymore :/

17. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I mostly use face creams. The skin of my face tends to dry up, for some reason, so I have to constantly keep it hydrated or else it can turn into a big mess. At least this type of creams is easy to come by over here.

18. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    My daughter has eczema, and we used to try different creams. From our experience, the creams made things worse. We went to a dermatologist to have an allergy test done, and it turns out she is allergic to wheat and peanuts. After doing some research, I discovered that many of the dermatologist recommended creams we were using were peanut oil based! I would recommend getting tested to see if there is an allergen in your diet that is worsening your condition, and try switching to natural oils such as olive oil or coconut oil. Both absorb into the skin fairly well and won't leave you feeling greasy. Plus, a little goes a long way, and you can use it for cooking too.

19. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, that is something that happens missbee, some creams can make it worse. What has been working for me is a good quality cream for kid with no perfume or similar and I apply it immediately after the bath for the better hydration and I manage ok like that.

20. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I have to use some sort of moisturizer daily or I just feel dry and can't stand it. I pretty much have to apply something every time I wash my face, but I can go all day without applying if I don't wash my face again. I also, noticed that my skin is too dry and peels if I try to apply make up without any moisturizer, it is utterly impossible. I think many cosmetics have a dehydrating effect that a moisturizer helps with. Lately, I have given up on the department stored brands and just use Aquaphor because it is intensively hydrating, which my skin needs.