Skin Discoloration Remedy

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DreekLass • Aug 22, 2015.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would just go along with those things, but ultimately I have no idea what is causing the discoloration. It literally looks like bruising on my face. It is awful. I wish I could pinpoint which deficiency or imbalance is causing it, so that I could replenish my body full of that substance. Even then, I don't know if it would rectify the condition. I've been eating a lot more fruit, but the acidity is bad for my teeth.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The desperation of not knowing the cause is enough to throw most people into a deep depression, I tell ya! I remember there was a time when I actually hated looking at myself in the mirror without makeup, but then of course, you need the mirror to apply your makeup. Like I said, I decided I needed to go AGGRESSIVE with my approach and 2 of the treatments I used are the derma roller and a Obagi chemical peel. I did1 course of the derma roller and it was the weirdest and most painful thing I ever experienced (never ever to be repeated!), and 5 courses of the chemical peel. I believe they went a long way in improving the health of my skin. If I could afford it, I'd continue having them.

I now take some supplements and follow a rigid skincare regime to maintain my skin.

3. DreekLass

Threads:
    I feel sorry for those people. But I won't be thrown into a depression, just because my skin is a little bit off. I still have an awesome personality, and I'm a pretty girl, even with the discoloration. Yes, I'd like the facial skin to be flawless. But if that is not possible, then so be it lol. I am glad that many women have make-up. I never learned how to use or apply make-up, and go everywhere without it, so my discoloration is always on show. How much was the chemical peel?

4. Lushlala

Threads:
    Way to go, DreekLass! I wish I'd been more like you, but I lost all confidence with it, even as my husband told me I was still beautiful. I had the the Obagi nu derm blue peel radiance chemical peel, and it cost about £600 for 6 courses. It proper did a good job of cleaning up my face. I like it because it's not a deep peel and there's no down time. But the first couple of times I was shedding skin like a snake! It was horrible, but the dermatologist whose private skin clinic I went to told me it was one of the best reactions to that particular peel he'd ever seen. The subsequent ones were more flakey than skin shedding. It was gross, but well worth it in the end.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    Oh wow, that is so expensive :O Can I ask if you went out and purchased the peel from a store, or a pharmacist, or did you have to badger a doctor to arrange the appointment with the dermatologist for you? Usually if you go through the doctor, then it is free. But I am not sure which country you may have been residing in when you accessed the peel. I could do without shedding lol.

6. Lushlala

Threads:

I was in England when I had it done, because I knew if I did it here it would be even more expensive. Or worse still, they wouldn't have it. I went through Skin Destination, a well known and very popular private cosmetic skin clinic (not sure if you could get it done on the NHS because it's cosmetic). I know they have clinics in Manchester, London and Birmingham. I gave up on the NHS because they were just not helping me in any way.

Maybe you could nip in for a consultation and see what they say? They may even recommend something else other than chemical peel, since our skin types are probably different. I even had a derma roller session there, but that was singularly the most painful experience of my life! I actually had to stop the beautician before it was quite done!

Here's the link:

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    Thank you so much for the link. I have never heard of Skin Destination before. The next time that I go to the doctors, I guess it is worth a shot to ask them if the NHS would cover it. The NHS cover boob jobs these days right? I would absolutely love to go in for a consultation, but I am cringing at the possibility of the price, especially when the African Black Soap is doing such a good job to clear my face up.

8. Lushlala

Threads:

It's a pleasure, DreekLass :) Yea, I'd still ask if I were you, you don't ask you don't get, right? They do do boob jobs on the NHS for those women who "lack in confidence" and are affected by their boobs, or lack thereof. So maybe they would do it for you. But since the African Black Soap is doing such a marvellous job of cleaning up your skin, you could do maybe 1 or 2 peels as opposed to the full 6, which would work out at just over £100 each. Plus you can space them out. I have to say, the peel is very good at freshening up the overall look of your skin; glowy skin, smaller pores and far less spots :)

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    So I finally visited the doctors about a whole host of health issues, including my facial skin discoloration which is actually getting worse and has developed on my forehead also. I wanted to find out what was causing it, but the doctor told me that it doesn't look like it is indicative of anything, and just wants to leave it at that without investigating any of my body's chemistry or anything. I am going to phone them back tomorrow and request a specific doctor, and I am going to complain about the previous doctor's conduct. Her advice was basically that I should learn to use concealer. I expressed to her that I feel I may be sensitive to the mercury fillings in my mouth, but they don't seem to want to investigate or test for that either. If I do have mercury poisoning, they are doing nothing about it.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good luck.. certain keywords tend to make a doctors eyes glaze over and mercury would be one of them. I'm so unbelievably disappointed in doctors and their lack of effort.. but then, they all get their info from the same places and focus on treating when they should be putting the puzzle together. EVERYthing has a cause.. and none of them deserve shrugged shoulders. My fave is when they blame it on genetics and call it a day. Go back to school! lol. ugh..

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    She was a complete bitch anyway. She hated and felt intimidated by the fact that I had done my research into all of the possible causes, and tests for them, and I could almost hear her rolling her eyes as I was speaking. I speak very fast too sometimes, but she's still getting all of the blame for being a shit head. She did not give a flying shit. No one wants to investigate why I am itching all over either. I think it may be the mercury fillings causing me to have sensitivity to things that I could eat and be around before, but it is not like anyone is looking to help me figure out what is wrong with me. They expect me to continue on in life with all of these health issues. I have already been health shopping. The only thing I need to do now is slowly get myself off of the cigarettes and workout more. I need to get my iron up first though.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My last doctor was awful too.. and I haven't been to one since. She basically took my nervousness (over what might be wrong with me) as the biggest symptom and just told me I had anxiety LOL. All the clear and present symptoms ignored, no tests, no nothing.. she basically said it was all in my head; that I was a hypochondriac. Me.. who shrugged off my health my entire life and avoided doctors like the plague. Your best bet is to demand help.. have them refer you to all the necessary people... make them a tool instead of expecting them to figure it out. Get your blood work done if you haven't already, before you go messing with your levels (not that you haven't already, but these things need to be said "out loud" considering all the people on here who self diagnose and treat without knowing what's going on in their bodies for sure. Hospitals are FULL of them. Not that I'm not guilty of it myself lol). Doctors can't NOT help you.. so just tell them what you want and forget having them listen to what you know or what you think (unless you find one you know will take you seriously.. my last one listened, but did nothing with the info). Have them get all the pieces of your puzzle that you don't have access to on your own and then it will be easier to put it together and research. It seems that's all they're good for anymore.. give you a glimpse of the inside of your body; then go from there on your own if they won't give you the time. If you have a doctor in mind that will truly help you though, that's awesome.. and I'm moving there lol. I would love a doctor I can trust.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    Thank you for the advice. That is exactly what I was planning to do. I don't want to ask them anything. I want to use them as a tool to investigate my suspicions. Or I will just demand help if that does not help. They cannot expect to treat patients like this, it is simply ridiculous. I cannot believe your doctor said that to you. How freaking RUDE!!! I hope you injected her with one of her needles to teach her a less on :p The best thing to do is just sort your diet out and workout, and hope you never fall with any sort of disease, because when you have to rely on doctors, you are more or less screwed.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Absolutely. My husband has gut issues from his years of terrible diet (and he's always been a gym rat to boot, so this is why I snicker at those who swear exercise is the most important.. I know far too many gym rats and trainers and I would consider only a small handful to be healthy (because of diet and not pushing themselves like maniacs). Quite a few finally change their ways after their first heart attacks though. If they're so lucky). Anyway.. no doctors take him seriously. It's in his head too apparently and he never pushes them like I beg him to do. Because they absolutely can't ignore you.. but they will if given the chance and it's not absolutely clear what's wrong with you. To be fair, not all of them are like that, but I'm sickened by how many are.. from personal experience and via friends, family and millions online. I truly hope you can get to the bottom of things Dreekster.. the guts are the toughest to figure out, but keeping flares to a minimum (if at all) can be as simple as foods or something totally unexpected you'll feel you can never catch up to. So frustrating. Unless there's another problem you haven't told me about yet..... you haven't told me everything about you yet??????!! lol.

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    You should make your husband push them!!! I spoke to a second doctor on the phone yesterday and he too seems skeptical that I could have gut issues, even after discovering that I have half a bowel thanks to my op, and that my body has to work harder than everyone else's, on top of being exposed to a shitty diet. I am getting more and more sensitive to more foods, so there is definitely a gut issue. I may make them put a camera in there so they can see what is going on. Since I have been eating the dried apricots n almonds daily, my period is not nearly as painful though. But the almonds create a LOT of gas in my stomach, and it is smelly gas when I expel it too, and then I get very soft stools. So I don't know if I am eating too many almonds, or if my body just doesn't know how to process the Vit E efficiently, due to my screwed up gut. They have finally confirmed what we all knew anyway - that processed meats cause cancer and are just as poisonous as smoking, alcohol, and arsenic.

LMAO. There is a lot you don't know about me. And that is by design. How else am I supposed to keep you coming back for more? ;)

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL So THAT's what you're doing.. gah! Well played ;)

Dried fruits are HORRIBLE on my husband.. I would suspect those. We're all different though. Nuts can be gassy too, depending on the nut and depending on how they've been treated if at all. Have you looked into sprouting to lessen the effects? How are you with fats? I would definitely get a camera in there.. screw'em all. You decide each step and then tell them to get on board. Gawd that upsets me.. they get paid WAY too much to be ignoring what they're there for to begin with. Makes me sad. Makes me sad for you too.. you very obviously have gut issues and having to put the puzzle together all by yourself is horribly unfair and can get very scary. Gut issues lead to many more issues, especially as you get older so MAKE them get on board. Ugh.. so sorry you're dealing with that. Far too common.

PS: Not news about meat, they're just now getting on the train. If you look around, every big wallet is investing in alternative meats because it's so unhealthy and unsustainable and effing cruel to eat animals (to each their own though. and I do mean that lol). I'm an ethical vegan, but the science is what lead me to it.

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    Well maybe it is the dried fruits. I have been eating them one after the other with the nuts, so it could be either causing the terrible gas. What is sprouting? I have never heard of this before. I'm usually good with fats. I feel it would be a war to get them to put a camera in there, but if they don't believe me, it is my word against theirs, and they are going to have to DO SOMETHING to figure out what is going on. You are right - they get paid way too much for the lack of work that the majority of them do. They do not care. It is just a job to them at the end of the day.

Its definitely not news, but once medical science gets on board, everyone seems to have an easier time swallowing the truth.

18. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The medical science has been out in the open for ages (that's how I got here to begin with), it's just the WHO that is finally doing something with it lol. And now that it's out there, meat eaters are defending meat and being babies about it, definitely not swallowing it lmao. At least own it.. don't back science full force until it doesn't agree with your lifestyle lol. And with all this screaming for cancer awareness and pushing pushing pushing, when something comes out to make everyone more aware, they stomp all over it and ignore it? Because mmmm bacon (so unique), pretty childish and insulting. Everyone just needs to continue to do whatever they choose with their own bodies.. but the science are everywhere and totally accessible; ignore it all you want, but don't insinuate you know better LOL. (general you, not you you haha).

Here ya go (just the first thing I found, didn't actually read it first lol) -

Give'em hell, Dreek! Or rather, say "My guts are paying you.. this is what I want done; now chop chop".

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    There is a lot of science out that that is expressible. Apparently they recently confirmed that there are health benefits to hugging trees, and that we spiritualists communities are not tripped out hippies who are making it up lol. But it doesn't matter, people are going to believe and or discard whatever they want to according to how it fits in with their current belief systems, which whatever.

Thank you for the link. I will definitely get into it!!

I will just shit on them, and they will perhaps test the stools and hopefully there is some sort of virus in them that encourages these doctors to send a camera into my stomach lol.

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    DreekLass Lmao! Lovely visual.. fingers crossed you don't get arrested!

I didn't know there was tree hugging science!! I'm totally looking into that now lol.,

#60Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015