Skin Discoloration Remedy

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DreekLass • Aug 22, 2015.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you know what is crazy? I had ordered some raw oat groats last week and the instructions were to soak them and such, and then I speak you you on here yesterday and you mention sprouting, which is essentially what the instructions were referring to without calling it sprouting. Thanks to the magnificent orchestration of you universe, it spoke to me through you, and now I know a LOT more information about the sprouting process and how to do it for the best results and what to sprout and what not to sprout. Thank you JosieP!!! I had already just found about about the soaking process, but had no idea it was called sprouting, and now I know so much more. Thank you.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So cool.. you're welcome! We haven't tried it yet, but I've read so much about it and all the positive results. Also started reading up on resistant starches etc. I have sooooooooo much about diet and nutrition science yet to learn, it's good times for me lol, I love it. We keep my husband in check with overall diet.. hasn't had issues in a few years now. I hope you can figure yours out as well :)

3. DreekLass

Threads:
    Well the article that I initially found, did not give in-depth instructions say that it was called sprouting.And the raw oat groats that I ordered arrived yesterday morning, the day directly after you gave the the process name, and I was able to research it more.

Since you are the person who pointed me in the right direction, I am sure you may already know that Kidney beans are not to be sprouted because they will cause death. I was on this blog where a lady seemed to know a lot about it, and did not know about the risks of sprouting kidney beans.

Snap! I have so much to learn also! But would you agree that it is a fun journey? I'd say that it was :) Your husband is infinitely blessed and lucky to have you in his life, taking care of him :) :) :)

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaw mush mush mush lol thank you! And yes, I absolutely love putting the puzzle together.. especially knowing there is no real end to it. I don't know why that makes it any better haha, but it's beyond interesting and even more interesting to put it to use. I didn't know that about kidney beans, no.. scary! Food is so touchy lol. As I said though, we don't sprout anything.. my husband does fine on beans and nuts etc and pretty much everything that bothered him before because his overall diet now allows him to eat them without issue. Except potatoes.. he's allergic to potatoes. And gluten.. which makes things infinitely harder some days lol. But I would like us to give sprouting a try for the benefits.
    Just keep getting tons of fiber! Especially the watery kind.. but the dryer the fiber the more water you need to chase it with, don't slack! lol. The softer the outcome, the better your guts will feel ;)

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    :D Knowing there is no end perhaps feels good to you because it keeps things fresh - there's always more of the journey to complete. It is fascinating to put it to use and see and feel the difference in your body and in your overall health, and the more results you see, the more you are going to want to keep with it and learn new things. I have only just read about needing more water in proportion to your fibre intake, and there you are reflecting my vibration back to me again by mentioning that lol. I will not slack. I am committed to my body and have cut down with the smoking.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Awesome! So proud of you, I know how hard it is to cut down/quit/even think of quitting lol.. I've quit pretty much everything now, but sugar lol. I don't use white sugar anymore, but sugar is sugar is sugar aside from a couple I don't use anyway lol. I find the easiest way to figure out what you should be eating, is to think of what comes out of you LOL. Your urine tells you what you need and so does the goop haha. You need fiber to break it up, build it up and carry it out. It does the most work for you and your guts and since water helps it, I get most of my fiber from watery sources.. it just makes it sort of 2-in-1 easier. In the winter though, I eat more dense foods, so I get my fiber from drier, slower sources.. so more water is absolutely necessary. The "goop" should be anywhere from a large soft serve to big and fluffy lol. It's amazing the difference it makes on the guts when you eat for health.. it just does the work for you, no real puzzle to put together anymore. My husband notices the difference right away when he doesn't eat for the "outcome", otherwise, it's like nothing was ever wrong. People don't believe food makes a difference, but it's absolutely everything.
    Takes a while, but you'll get the hang of it. Keep reading! :)

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I also like you have skin discoloration and it's brown too. It appeared one day as a line above my lip on my left side. I started to use virgin and organic coconut oil on my face and other parts of my body where I have had problems like prickly heat. The prickly heat is gone. When I get heat rash it itches. All I do now is rub on some coconut oil and it disappears, but first of all the best thing happens...the itch stops instantly! The brown line on my lip is disappearing too. Love coconut oil! I drink coconut oil to rid myself of diabetes 2 and high bad cholesterol too. Best to ask your doctor about drinking organic & virgin coconut oil.

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    Krissttina, I don't think that any topical application of anything is going to help because it is something going on inside that is causing the discoloration issue. Even if there was a fix for the outer problem, I need feedback as to how my insides are doing, and I wouldn't know anything if I removed the discoloration topically, if that makes any sense. I did buy some organic virgin coconut oil the other day though. I have been using it to fry vegetables off as well as using it instead of butter.

JosieP, Thank you *blushes* I have always had strong will power when I want to. I don't have the desire to smoke anymore, or the enjoyment factor. It is still there but it is considerably less. My health problems are a kick up the ass, so to speak, and I know what is important. Have you tried molasses instead of sugar? The nutritional benefits are astounding, and it has been able to give me my energy back through my iron deficiency. Nobody has ever given me goop advice before. I love it lmao!!! That is exactly how my goop has been since I have been eating for health ;) It is crazy to me that people don't know or believe that food makes a difference. It is the stuff that you are putting into your body, you know? It is more or less all your body has to work with.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Exactly! And I love that you know this stuff! lol. Poo convos are my faves haha. And yes, molasses was one of the good ones I said I don't eat anyway.. can't stand the stuff. I have some here that I use once in a blue moon in my oats or something, but not enough to do any good. I wish there was some way I could incorporate it where I don't want to bring it back up LOL so gross. The other is date sugar, but I doubt I'll ever find that at a decent price. How do you like using molasses?

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    I have heard that some brands of molasses can be a bit bitter. I have just ordered six more jars from amazon at a great price, and I am using the meridian blackstrap organic one, and it is very sweet. The consistency varies from jar to jar. It is definitely an acquired taste. It tastes a bit like licorice to me. And why are poo convos your fav? Lmaoo!!! I worry about you :p

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I would only be using blackstrap unsulphered if I use it at all and that stuff is awful LOL. Sweet is not one of it's characteristics imo. I get all of my nutrients through foods anyway, it would just be a hell of a lot easier some days to down a bit of blackstrap and be done with some of them lol.
    Poo convos are my fave because it says SO much about our health and how we eat; it's a measurable way to show if what we're doing for our bodies is working or not and healthy or not. Our existence revolves around what goes in and what comes out.. I just find it fascinating lmao :p

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    Mine is organic blackstrap, and mine is too sweet when you have it neat. I have to have it with water. It is far too sweet. Mine is also unsulphered. I made sure of it lol. In the reviews people were talking about how most of the other brands were bitter but they liked that recipe more because it was sweet. I have only ever tried the sweet one. I have never tried any bitter ones. I definitely hear you on that. I am struggling to find recipes that adhere to my new lifestyle around the house, and the healthy foods run out or go off so fast.

Hahahah. Stop digging around in other people's poop, JosieP ;)

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No way! lmao.. speaking of which, I just read you can sell your poop for thousands of dollars now that poop transplants are a thing. Unfortunately, I'm too far away to be a donor or I'd be all over it lol. What can I say, I'm a giver ;)

I've never heard of sweet blackstrap.. do they not complete the process to make it or something? lol. Or maybe people taste molasses differently? Maybe I'll grab a bottle of yours and give it a shot.. no added ingredients? hm.. I could use the sweetness. I can see where mine is sweet, I just think the molasses flavour makes it a big fat no for me lol, overpowers it. Maybe I'll just start living off of gingerbread houses haha.

As for recipes, I'm STILL growing my menu. When you grow up on shit, it makes for a tough transition. Now I'm at the point that I realize it's hard to screw up real food and whatever is in my fridge can be made into almost anything. There is so much you can do with it. You should look into nutritionally complete recipes.. there are a lot of great treats you can make that will cover your nutrients if you're having a hard time getting them.

14. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    A great home remedy for skin discoloration is lemon juice. This evens out skin tone. I usually put a little lemon juice and coconut oil together (coconut oil helps with scars) and leave it on my skin for 30 minutes or so.

If this doesn’t work you can try buying a dark spot cream from the drug store. I don’t know how well those work though because I haven’t notice much difference.

15. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @KimmyMarkks.....I know a lot of people swear by lemon juice, but it doesn't seem to agree with my skin at all! I've used it neat and diluted, and both times it burnt me and made my discolouration look even worse. So I gave up.

In terms of a dark spot cream from a drug store, do you have a specific name and brand you can recommend, because there are many, many options to choose from.

16. DreekLass

Threads:
    Thanks for this suggestion. This is the suggestion that I hear about the most. I sadly do not think that it will work though. The problem that I am having is clearly an internal one. It is some sort of hormonal imbalance. I don't want to get rid of the discoloration topically, only to find out that I have cancer or something else down the line because I did not deal with the root cause of whatever is causing the problem.

17. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Okay. Would you ever go to the dermologtist? They should be able to prescribe some sort of cream that will help it. I use some of the beauty products for skin discoloration but I don't seeing of a difference.

18. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sorry to butt in @KimmyMarkks .....I've been there and done it, my dermatologists never helped me much. I was put on an endless amount of products including a 6 months antibiotics course, and nothing ever helped my situation. I didn't get the feeling that any of them cared, to be honest. It wasn't until I stopped using the dermatologists and took things into my own hands, that my skin really started to improve. I started using the services of private skin and beauty clinics and right now, my skin is 90% better that what it used to be. I suspect that if I'd just carried on with those derms my skin would still be a frightful mess.

19. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    That's good to know! I personally haven't had an issues with my dermatologist but I'm not overly surprised you did. A lot of times doctors just prescribe something that doesn't work. I have bad rashes on my body and similar to your situation, everything I ever got from the dermatologist never worked. I started doing my own research and buying my own products and rashes are a lot better.
    On the other hand, my dermatologist did a great job for the issues my sister was having with her skin so it really depends.
    What specific products are you using? I try to stay with the natural products since I have really bad rashes on my skin I hate using things with a lot of chemicals.

20. gemmasoriano

gemmasorianoNew Member

Threads:

I love this dermalmd's skin lightening serum. This is perfect for all seasons where concealers don't work. This serum reduse discoloration of the skin cause of the hot climate.This is best for your office wear and even for party time. Gives face a good finesse.Give instant glow
    Very nice product with reasonable price.Overall Osum..