Skin Supplements

Discussion in Product Reviews started by gracer • Mar 8, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Skin is one of the most important part of my body that I focus on most of the time. For me, it's better to take care and maintain it my way rather than frequently visit a skin clinic and spend big amounts for skin repair. It has been my regimen to wash my face with a facial scrub, tone it and put on moisturizer every night. For my body, I use antibacterial soap and apply lotion or body butter after every bath.

I also take in supplements that provides a lot of health benefits plus antioxidants in them. As much as possible I like taking in the more natural supplements like grape seed extracts and moringa oleifera capsules.

What do you do to take care of your skin? Do you also take in supplements or do you prefer topical products?

2. Tina122321

Tina122321Member

Threads:
    I only wash my face with water. For moisturizer I apply coconut oil a few days a week. I also eat coconut oil, avocado and other healthy fats that help my skin look great. I try to be as natural as possible. I don't use any unnatural products on my skin.

3. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I too wash my face with water to prevent stripping it of natural oils. I then apply coconut oil. I use a pure version with no additives or preservatives. This oil spreads easily by nature and a drop can cover a large area saving on costs. It is very moisturising and nourishes the skin. It is also cheap and costs $0.5.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually just use water and moisturizer. I am going to start using cream at night though as well, because I found so many when I was cleaing out my tall cupboard in my bathoom. Cleaning your skin moisturized and hydrated is something thta is really important to do, and I will be doing it a bit better I think.

5. jackiewbu

jackiewbuNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite product for the skin is Biotin. They're supplements for hair, skin and nails. They come in a bottle anywhere between 1,000-10,000 mg. In my opinion, anything less than the 10,000 mg doesn't show much of a difference. These are great making your skin look nice and your hair and nails grow like weeds. Although some people say it causes them to break out.

6. doxie

doxieNew Member

Threads:
    I use aveeno gentle cleanser on my face. Then I moisturize with jojoba oil. I don't usually wear a full face of makeup, so I don't need a tough cleanser.

7. Dilof

DilofMember

Threads:
    I use St Ives natural apricot scrub. It doesn't contain microbeads and therefore it is good for the environment and won't be killing any dolphins any time soon. After I've used that I moisturize with a men's moisturizer (don't really have any specific brand in which I use, at the moment I'm using Nivea).

Sometimes I'll use tea tree oil if I have any spots, although I doubt this sort of skin care is what you were referring to :p

8. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Biotin is a great supplement that helps with hair, nails and skin. I noticed a difference (mostly in my hair) just a week after taking it. I also take Vitamin e oil or some kind of fatty omega oil (I like fish oil). I've found using coconut oil as a hair mask and for my skin often works better then store bought products. It's also great if you have sensitive skin.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use skin supplements, but people do use them if their diet is deficient. You are what you eat, and while it can affect the skin, it's only marginal as the skin needs water and food in balance.

I use topical products (I'm a beauty writer) so I test many of them, but water and vitamin c is important. While you ingest a supplement it will cater for the whole body and not just the skin, so a topical product applied (say vitamin c serum) will focus on the areas it is applied.

10. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you all for your replies. :) It took me some time to open this thread again so I have just read most of the replies today. I noticed that most of you also treat moisturizers important as well as me. If there's one beauty product that I could not live without, it would probably be a moisturizer because my face tends to become dry if I don't use one. Dry skin could lead to wrinkles and an older look so moisturizer serves as my fountain of youth when it comes to topical skin products.

I have also heard about the benefits of Biotin as mentioned by @jackiewbu@jackiewbu and @KimmyMarkks@KimmyMarkks. I have never used them but I hear good reviews about them too. :)

11. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    For me, using products that are for external use and not taking supplements is an incomplete formula. It is better if we take supplements while using external use products. Using supplements make us clean inside, which manifests on our outer look on the long run. Grape seed and moringa are good for you. Try using vitamin C and glutathione capsules with them. Have you tried using magnesium? It has great benefits not just for the skin, but for your health too. And what's good about it is it's used externally.

12. michellepena

michellepenaNew Member

Threads:
    I always remind myself to drink as much water as possible. I think it is the basic way if you want to continue to do other skincare routine.

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    You touched the fundamental issue which is drinking adequate water. I find out that if your body is sufficiently hydrated your skin has the tendency to glow. Taking care of this fundamental, thorough bath and application of creams and supplements to the skin will put the skin in an excellent condition.

14. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    You need to nourish your skin by eating foods that are good for your skin and also use nourishments on your skin. You should always avoid using chemical products, herbal and natural products are best. Normally, I don't take supplements, instead I focus on eating healthy diets. Oil rich foods like fish and nuts and vegetables and fruits are very good for the skin.

15. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't take in any supplements for skin care. My basic routine is that I clean my face with a wash that contains aloevera and other herbal ingredients twice a day then I try as much as possible to drink a lot of water and eat healthy, that's the best kind of supplements.

16. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I use antibacterial soaps especially on days I spend time outdoors. I always wash my face with water when I stay indoors. I apply lotion for even skin tone because I always have sunburn. I want to invest on a good sunscreen because I don't use makeups. Just a simple lotion to nourish my skin is enough for me.

I have never tried supplements because I am not sure if it is compulsory to take them, if my skin needs supplements and if I need a prescription.

17. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't taken any skin supplements until now but I am really interested in this subject because I have problems with my skin, I look much older then I am. I will probably try the seed grapes supplements to see if it has an effect on me.

18. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    This is a little old thread but I think I can answer without it seeming intentionally spam. I do take supplements for my skin and hair at least once in a year, which is nothing but an 8-day course of vitamin E capsules and vitamin C tablets. They are safe and effective and after a certain age, we do need these things as fruits and veggies are loaded with chemicals rather than vitamins they are meant to contain.

19. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I don't take supplements but I do have a strict beauty routine of cleansing and moisturising which I have practised since I was 13. I also make sure I eat plenty of fruit and veg. I wouldn't mind trying out Vitamin E to see if it makes a difference so I might give that a go.

20. Sirius

SiriusMember

Threads:
    I decided to try biotin, because I wanted to improve the quality of my hair and it's one of the supplements that is said to increase hair thickness and overall skin health. Biotin is also used to reduce cholesterol levels...

One of the biggest mistakes I have done in my life is taking this vitamin! It decreased my cholesterol levels so much, that I started experiencing fatigue and irritability. I used to drink 1 coffee a day, after a few 250- microgram biotin pills and I had the need to drink 5-6 coffees a day - I was feeling that tired. After I did some research, I found out coffee increases cholesterol, so I guess my body was having some kind of compensatory reaction by wanting more caffeine.

My hair did actually improve. But it was not worth it, I felt really bad while taking biotin. Maybe my body just didn't agree with this supplement, maybe I wasn't deficient in the first place and I simply overdosed. I just want to warn people - if you start feeling worse after taking it, STOP right away.