Skin tag remover? REALLY???

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by footballtim • Aug 29, 2012.

1. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    OK, I realize that nobody wants to pay the co-pays and co-deductibles and other capitalist nonsense that has killed trillions of Americans in order to go to the doctor and have a few skin tags removed. That is why the inventor of the latest gimmick that removes skin tags will no doubt make a fortune. Now I will eat crow if I am wrong, but I do not see this one working any better than the Pops-a-Dent product that I mentioned in another post.

2. Deana

DeanaNew Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen this product, but I can tell you I've had a few, and I just rip them off. I have a friend who found a recipe online that she soaked her's in and they fell off. I wouldn't by this product myself. What is in it?

Are there some skin tags that are too big to just pull off?

3. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Sterilize a nail clipper or cuticle scissors and quickly nip them off yourself (only the small ones though). I've done this to at least 15 skin tags I've had. It's quick, with only a second of bearable pain, and it's gone for good. Don't waste any money on the wart removers that freeze them off or whatever the name of this skin tag remover is.

4. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    It's called, "Tag Away" It is made of all natural plant extracts. They are supposed to make it painless. I would be afraid that if any of that stuff got in my blood stream, I may get poisoned or something. I am one of those people who is really afraid of anything medical that has not been on the market for a long time.

5. CinnamonBear

CinnamonBearNew Member

Threads:
    I agree; I'd be afraid to use an ASOT product on my skin, or anywhere where it could be absorbed into my bloodstream!

I know that it advertises "all-natural" products, but this doesn't mean that these products are healthy, or can be absorbed. And even the most popular all-natural compounds can only be taken in limited doses.

I wish the advertisement could be more up-front about the specific ingredients in "Tag Away."

6. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    Seems like a pointless product and I wouldn't purchase it. Just my two cents though.

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Ah the skin tag commercial. I never even knew people had skin tags until I saw the commercial, and I swear I threw up in my mouth when I saw it.

8. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Not knowing what skin tags are (I hadn't even heard of them until that commercial started airing) I can't say if this stuff would work or not, but I do know that Tea tree oil, cocoa butter, and aloe vera are very useful in dealing with skin issues, as are herbal preparations. In light of that, it's possible someone could come up with something to treat skin tags, since most medicines are based on natural cures anyway.

9. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    Okay, this is all so gross! I wouldn't want to clip anything off of my skin at home, no matter how "sterilized" i thought my tools were, and I wouldn't want to mindlessly trust some ASOT product with my skin, either. I think this one is best left to a doctor. That way if/when you get an infection, at least you can take it to court! Can't take yourself to court for cutting yourself up.

10. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Cutting yourself up? You make it sound like I'm taking a Ginsu knife to them. I hardly would call the tiny dot of blood that results from a quick snip of your nail clipper cutting your self up. I've never had one problem doing this myself with any of the skin tags I've removed.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have skin tags, I have thought about having the doctor remove one or two but they will just grow back. I saw a product that said it would freeze them off but I thought really do I need to go through all of this for some skin that is not really brothering me. Sometimes the skin tags are very itchy that is my only concern so for right now I think I will say no to the products and let my tags be.

12. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I think this falls under the same heading as many prescription medicines - sure you deal with the symptom(s), but what about the side-effects? You might get rid of the skin tags, but if your liver gives out because this stuff is full of natural mercury (elements tend to be natural) then what's the point?