Skin Tag Remover

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by kana_marie • Apr 20, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm wondering if anyone has tried this. I don't have very many, but what I do have are in very inconvenient areas. I would like something painless that doesn't scar.the infomercial has me almost convinced, but I would prefer some input from real, live people. How does it work? Will it scar? And how painless is it?

2. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Haven't used this, but have used apple cider vinegar and got good results. You can google it (of course, lol) and check out how people use acv to get rid of skin tags. I didn't apply it on my skin like a lot of people said to do on certain sites, I drank it.

I had been drinking acv for over-all health reasons (mixed with honey and cinnamon), but had stop drinking it. Started back up when I read about how it can get rid of skin tags. I'd say it took a few days (a week?), but it worked.

I had a skin tag right at my bra-line, where the bra wraps around the body, close to under the arm. I guess I got it from my bra constantly rubbing there.

3. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of using acv, but it won't hurt to try! It's a lot cheaper than the skin tag remover. I couldn't imagine having one under my bra like that. The most annoying for me is in my armpit. When I think about it I can feel it.

4. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it won't hurt to try. If it doesn't work for you you can always get some of that skin tag stuff you're talking about. If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw some in Target in their "As seen on TV" section.

I didn't want to apply the acv to my skin, like I already wrote to you, but drinking it makes me feel much more energetic, so I decided to start up drinking it again to see if it would make the skin tag go away, and it worked.
    And it actually was right on the bra line, so my bra was kind of rubbing up against it all the time. I was thinking that maybe the bra rubbing there all the time actually created it, because I had never really noticed it before, and then one day it was just there.

I've been drinking acv on and off for years, and so have bought many bottles of it. I've tried the Bragg formula that so many people rave about, but the most effective acv that I have found is from Trader Joe's, Trader Joe's brand. When I drink it, I actually feel the difference in the way my body feels and performs.

It's very strong though, especially if it's a fresh batch, so make sure you mix about a tablespoon into a bottle of water, 2 tablespoons if you can handle it. Mixing in a couple of T. of honey, and a teaspoon or so of cinnamon makes things taste really good. The honey can be very hard to manipulate when the water is cold, so all this is best done by boiling water and putting water, honey, acv, and cinnamon into a large cup like you're making a tea.

5. Christina Rivers

Christina RiversNew Member

Threads:
    I have bought the As Seen On TV skin tag remover. My husband gets multiple skin tags under his arms, in the inner side of his elbows at times,and most irritatingly on his eye lids! We bought what we thought was going to be a miracle in a jar. We applied the tag away to the affected areas as directed and days later still had no results. Want to know how to really get rid of them fast? Take a piece of ordinary floss, and tie it around the base of the skin tag tight. Now leave it alone. Within a couple days or sometimes overnight, it will fall off on it's own.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've attempted to use apple cider vinegar in the past to remove a few moles with moderate success, but there are some drawbacks to the process as well if you are applying it directly to your skin. For one, it's basically corroding your skin - it's an acid, it's merely irritating it until the mole or skin tag dies and peels away. However it's also going to irritate the skin around it as well. There's really no practical way to keep the ACV contained to one tiny specific spot. Generally you are soaking a small piece of cotton and taping it over the skin condition you want to remove. So it's not going to look very pretty during the process. Also, another issue is it smells. Your body heat is going to warm that cotton soaked in vinegar, causing you to sort of smell like acv all day. I was trying to remove a mole on my chest with it, and the smell was driving me nuts as I was sitting at my computer all day because it kept wafting up in my face. Another possible option would be those Dr. Scholls's Freezing Wart Remover kits. Granted they cost more, but they are much more targeted and if they can remove warts painlessly and safely I don't see why they couldn't kill off a skin tag. I've also just manually yanked skin tags off my neck in the past with tweezers - they weren't too big, so I just grinned and bared it. It hurt and bled for a bit but healed up really fast.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like the idea of using floss to get rid of skin tags! I don't know why I never thought of it. I had one annoying one on my neck that looked like a weird beauty spot, and it wasn't pretty at all. One day I decided to snip it it off with a pair of scissors LOL It didn't really hurt, I just cut it at the base, and disinfected the area with diluted Dettoll and covered it. It's never come back. But of course I wouldn't advise this method, especially for multiple tags.

8. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had one on the neck too and decided to see if I could get it to dry out enough to pull off. I put surgical spirit on it multiple times per day and after a week or so it became dry enough to just yank off. My word, it bled though! I was concerned I'd done myself some real damage.

So if there's a safer way of going about things then it's definitely worth a try. Alternatively, I believe that having skin tags removes by a health professional is a quick and easy process.

9. Lushlala

Threads:
    That's the scary thing about them, missbishi! They can bleed for Britain, and it can put the frighteners in you when the blood won't stop LOL Someone said to put a bit of salt on it once you've pulled it off because it helps stem the flow of blood. I've done it before and my, does it ever sting! But it does work LOL

10. RaineyDay477

RaineyDay477New Member

Threads:
    If you are into essential oils, I've read articles about using them to remove skin tags. I think Melallucca A (Tea Tree Oil) was one of them. Just make sure you are using quality, therapeutic grade Essential Oils though. I think Oregano Oil will help too, but it's a hot oil, so you definitely have to dilute. And yes, the ACV can definitely "burn" the skin. I learned this the hard way!

11. kilospeed

kilospeedNew Member

Threads:
    I also tried the removal cream to no avail. I actually just ended up cutting it up with nail clippers and keeping it disinfected. It's a month later and there's still no scarring. It was painful for a bit, but disappeared quickly. I'm not sure if I recommend it for other people, though.

12. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad I cam across this post because I was seriously thinking of purchasing this product. I, also, appreciate all the suggestions and ideas. I think I am going to give them a try. I have a bigger one under my bra strap area and another quite large one on my neck. I hate them

13. Peachdejour

PeachdejourMember

Threads:
    Yes! Skin tags bleed heavily, that is why you tie floss around them. The floss cuts off blood flow and the skin dies and falls off. However, this technique might be very painful. For some reason my boyfriend had one that became bruised and he did this and cried like a baby every time he accidentally touched it. If I had known about ACV then... ACV is so useful.

14. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Jeesh the more I am reading in this forum, the least likely I am going to think about buying As seen on TV prdoucts. It really does not sound like it is going to be worth it. I have noticed that no one has much good to say about any of these products it seems.

15. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala - That's the method we use. Clean the area well, snip with scissors or scalpel, clean again and bandage. Fast and easy. The pain is short-lived. When my husband tried the floss tie off method on one of his, there was a lot of pain over multiple days. I haven't yet tried a paint on product that worked.

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The skin tags I have itch like the devil. I use Emu Oil on my tags. The Emu Oil takes the itch out of the tag and is helping the tag to shrink. I am looking forward to this one tag to be gone as it really is itching.

17. Lushlala

Threads:
    I'm glad to hear mine is not a method unique to me LOL But I just discovered another method. I have a lady who threads my eyebrows who also burns off skins tags, warts and moles in her salon. She does it with this electronically charged needle. I've never tried it but I took a work colleague and watched as they did it. They all disappeared before my eyes, and apparently it's permanent!

18. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds really cool! I'll have to poke around to see if I can find a salon that does that next time I have an annoying one. Did she mention the general price range for something like that? Does it scar? Of course cutting sometimes leaves a scar behind but a scar is less visible than the mole and less annoying than a tag that gets caught on things.

19. Lushlala

Threads:
    If we have it here, I'm sure you'll have the service over there. The colleague I took there paid the equivalent of $5 for her whole face! The woman told her to go back in 10 days' time to see if she had more that need getting rid of, for free. No, it doesn't scar. The parts that have been treated scab over, dry and then flake off without any evidence of anything having ever been there. I was really impressed as the process took no more than 15 minutes. I hope you find a salon or clinic that can do it for you :)

20. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I tried it and it didn't work out for me. Add to it that the smell was horrid, it was a definite waste of money and I wish it wasn't such a hassle to go through the process to get your money back for as seen on tv products.