Skipping Meals

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Adeal4u • Jun 19, 2012.

1. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    I don't like doing this because I just feel lousy if I do. the only exception is if I simply have no appetite, like when I have been sick. More often what I will do if I am busy is simply defer a meal rather than skip it. I have eaten many late night meals.

2. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't had to skip a meal because of money before. But there have been times when I've skipped dinner because I'm too tired from work and I'd rather sleep than eat. Dinner is the only meal that I allow myself to skp though. I have to have breakfast and lunch or I can't function properly enough to work.

3. SarahP08

SarahP08New Member

Threads:
    I have skipped several meals to save money. There have been plenty of times where we didn't have grocery money at all and had to stretch what was in the cupboards. What I learned to do was drink more water and decrease my portions. This made food last longer. Even if the food in my home wasn't breakfast food, I still ate something in the morning if I could. As long as you can stay hydrated, your body can function without actual food. You should try to take a multi-vitamin if you're not able to eat more than once a day. I also got very creative with Ramen. There's a ton of stuff that you can do with it and it's super cheap. I also like Yakisoba, super cheap and it does have some nutritional value to it.

4. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    I usually skip meals because I am busy rather than because I'm cash strapped, though I have seen friends who have done so before. However, most of my friends are actually able to afford their daily meals if they bothered changing some of their habits which I have never ever been able to persuade them to do so! Some of them are smokers, and a pack of cigarettes can easily get you a meal or two. I would rather spend on food than on a stick that emits lung-killing-smoke! But then again, addictions are hard to kick, but if you do have any such similarly expensive but harmful habits, try cutting down on them and use that extra cash to put some food on your table! If the above are not applicable to you, I still feel you shouldn't be depriving yourself of your basic 3 meals. Try getting welfare assistance from your local town centres or representative if such an option is available, or if you feel your job is not paying well enough for your efforts, perhaps a change of job might be better? These are all possible reasons that we often overlook simply because we are overly focused on the task at hand, which is to get by day to day. Try going to thrift stores that sells food at lower prices such as day-old bread, fruits and milk that are usually still fit for consumption since they do not turn bad overnight, and make a meal for yourself at home instead of eating out. Buying pasta on sale and making a pasta salad in bulk which you could freeze in the fridge for your other meals could also help you save some precious dollars! I hope these tips help and cheer on!