Skirts For Men Now?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Rossy • Jul 30, 2017.

1. Rossy

RossyMember

Threads:
    I came across a fashion blog talking about the latest men fashion. To my surprise it was some outfits that looked all feminine. Skirts, long shirts that looked like dresses and high Heels. I didn't find it cool at all. Has anyone else seen this? Did you find it cool? Would you wear it if you were male?

2. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    That is a no in my books!

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    There have been these type of suggestions for men's wear and there are some men, mostly youngsters who seem to indulging in the wearing of styles which are traditionally women's wear.I will forever remain old school and I will not find it acceptable to be draped in clothing which may have a hint of feminine touch. I enjoy seeing the differentiation. A male dressing in manner which might confuse the semblance between a male or female is only stealing the females thunder.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am not finding that cool at all a fashion trying to introduce skirts for men. Oh no they are getting it wrong with that idea of a business. It's known all over the world skirts are women dresses and not men. I can't figure out how they tend to make skirt appeal to men. It's okay to experiment but there are somethings that you shouldn't be experimented since they are reasonably known never to conform to the perspective of the society.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Depending on the place may be something related to culture (skirts are part of the routine dress of men and has nothing to do with fashion), but... Particularly speaking, will never be something for me.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I might just LOL through that fashion blog! I know that there are cross dressers out there and that's their personal issue, but for a real, 100% man to dress himself in a lady's skirt is just strange for me. I used to believe that dresses, high heels, and long skirts are society's way of restricting a woman's potentials and hindering her from achieving equal status with men so I refused to wear skirts at the time (a.k.a. teenage rebellion).

A lot has changed with the world. Pink used to be associated with women but men of this generation had been wearing pink shirts and accessories with confidence. I know at least two men who wear women's undies. However, I don't believe that men would want to be restricted by long skirts and high-heeled shoes. When I was a child, I used to wonder why Prince Charles and the royalty wore skirts. It turned out that those were traditional Scottish kilts.

7. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Definitely a no! What is the world coming too now? Are they trying to intimidate women who wear pants by wearing skirts themselves??:eek::D

8. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think this would make for good fashion but maybe I am a little old fashioned. I know some cultures like Scottish people have kilts for men but other than that I wouldn't consider a man wearing dresses and high heels. Sounds like torture to me. I don't even like wearing high heels so I can't fathom why a man would want to even if it is the height of fashion. To each his own, I guess.

9. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Skirts and high heels aren't really my thing. I'm all for going against strict most forms of tradition but skirts and heels really aren't my thing. If other men find it nice and fashionable then more power to them, do what makes you happy.

10. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    That would be an awkward fashion trend for males. If I were a male, I would definitely not try that kind of clothes. There are clothes suitable for females that does not suit for males and vice versa. It would suck if that becomes a trend in the future because I just dob't feel it. It's too awkward for me to date a guy who wears feminine clothings.

11. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    This conjured up a mental picture that made me laugh. I really can't see that this would catch on apart from with transgender people. However I'm sure some of the people who existed in Victorian times would be absolutely shocked at some of the clothes we wear today so who knows, in the future it might catch on!

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well I will have to pass on that one, but not really much surprises me anymore when it comes to fashion and that whole world. They always seem to be pushing the envelope to some degree, but I cannot see this one catching on.

13. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    It's a big no from my side. I do not prefer skirts and such kinds of feminine dresses for males. I will suggest to must check