Skirts or Pants?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Miaka_M • Nov 11, 2013.

1. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A little of both would be advisable. There are times when I feel like getting in touch with my feminine side, so I wear skirts. More often than not, since I live in a mountainous place with a rather primitive mode of public transportation, I wear pants. I also have days when I feel utterly boyish and just whatever, so a pair of pants makes for a comfortable piece of lower garment.

2. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I didn't care for skirts. Now I do wear skirts when it is Sunday and I have to go to service but outside of that I prefer pants. It would have to be really hot just to make me change from pants to shorts. If a skirt is really cute I might buy it and wear it.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Without a doubt, I prefer pants, or trousers as we prefer to call them over here in the UK. I will never understand why Americans call them pants. Pants over here are underwear lol. I have never been one for skirts and dresses. I have worn them in the past, but I have always felt like my nether regions were exposed in doing so for some reason.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I seldom wear skirts because I am not comfortable. When I am wearing skits, I have a feeling it's like I am nude, hahahaaa. With pants or slacks, I feel so comfortable and not thinking of anything like a faulty hemline or anything that may cause to expose myself. Pants are great and I'm glad that our office allows the female employees to wear pants, at least in my level where we are not required to wear uniform anymore.

#24Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like them both equally. If I'm wearing a skirt then there's usually tights and big knickers involved too. Women who have to wear a uniform for work or who have to adhere to a dress code should always have the option of trousers though.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer pants in the fall and winter and once the weather here in Ontario get warmer like May, June I will start to wear skirts and dresses. I just find it a hassle in the winter to wear tights or nylons with a dress or skirt. In the warmer weather I don't worry about it and go with bare legs. I also have to think about winter coats and a dress just doesn't go with my winter parka. It's all about staying warm in the winter.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a tricky question for me, because I feel like a hypocrite answering it! I much prefer wearing skirts and dresses overall, however 90% of my time I am wearing pants and jeans. And that can be explained a little bit because of my work, but also because I just got used to wearing pants when I'm working and never gives skirts a try on that environment. I only wear dresses and skirts on the weekends, and then I will only wear them pretty much, I rarely wear pants on weekends.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL I always have to REALLY think before I speak to my UK friends and family. Or for a good laugh, I don't lol. Trousers is used here too.. but not commonly and to me it's more a term for old man pants haha. Our pants, not your pants :p So if we ever get into a deep convo about your trousers, just know I'm picturing you in some nifty polyester slacks pulled up to your nipples LOL.

9. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I can't stand mini skirts. I like modesty so I'll wear maxi skirts. I don't have many jeans or pants and I'd rather wear a skirt anyway. Dresses are nice too if I can find one I really like. If I feel lazy, I'll just wear sweatpants too because they're so comfortable. The maxi skirts that are striped are my favorite, they're cute. But if I wear pants I always wear a long undershirt or tank top because I want it to go kind of long.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I like pants mostly. Only if I have to wear a dress or skirt will I wear a skirt or dress. I prefer to wear pants even at conferences and business meetings. I've bought pant suits for business meetings and even interviews. I prefer pant suits to dresses and skirts. I love pants for they are comfortable, easy care and doesn't fly up when the wind blows. You can find pant outfits for most any kind of occasion too. I love to wear pants all the time. At home I wear shorts. :)

11. KLovely19

KLovely19New Member

Threads:
    I love wearing skirts. Mini, denim, pleated, plaid- I love them all. I just find them more comfortable than pants and jeans. They always look great and I can always make a good outfit with just a skirt, adorable T-shirt and my favorite ankle boots. Thankfully my job is pretty laid back so I can wear anything I want.

12. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    I prefer skirts and dresses, just above the knee down to maxi length. I do wear pants every now and then though. A good jean is always nice, and I wear leggings under tunics or short dresses/skirts at times as well.

13. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    Depending on the occasion I suppose. I wear mostly denim pants because I only frequent places where I don't feel comfortable wearing skirts. Besides, I cannot find a good skirt that would suit me. I'm plus sized and there are very few selections for plus sized women where I'm from. Skirt will perhaps be nicer If I'm a bit smaller. For now, denim is all I can afford to wear.

14. Naturalbeauty92

Naturalbeauty92New Member

Threads:
    I prefer skirts and dresses outside of my military uniform. Women weren't meant to wear pants. My gynecologist told me it causes so many problems with our vaginal health. Woman will sweat more in the vaginal area wearing pants and it will cause bacterial infections, cysts, and yeast infections. I am a tomboy and I only use to wear pants until my gynecologist advised me to cut pack on pants to benefit my vaginal health.

15. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    If I were thinner, I might wear more skirts. But pants are so comfortable and can be appropriate for most occasions depending on the cut and the material. Having said that, dresses make me feel more feminine. And if I want to feel feminine, I would choose a dress or skirt.

16. animos

animosNew Member

Threads:
    Pants most of the time, they're more comfortable and I don't have to worry about sitting improperly and potentially showing something. My mom loved to dress me up in dresses and skirts when I was little and I hated it. Always been a tomboy, jeans and tshirts are my usual style, but in the last few years I've been getting more into dressing classier and more feminine but even then I prefer dress slacks over skirts and dresses.

17. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I like to wear pants that are not that tight.
    Skirts are nice but I hardly wear them and if I do it would be on my birthday or
    when I am alone with my husband ;-)

18. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It does depend on the weather which I will wear, during the summer I prefer a dress or a skirt, it is cooler. Winter I like to stay warm and wear pants mostly. Jeans are too hot for me during the summer but I do live in them during the winter.