Slicethepie?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by eg0mez • Mar 3, 2014.

1. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    Slice The Pie is reliable since they do actually pay on time and they pay quickly. However, the biggest problem I have with it is I don't think it is worth the time you put in. You only get paid on average 10-15 cents per review and you have to wait 90 seconds before you are allowed to leave the review. In my opinion that's not worth it.

2. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    Is it something you have to really be focused to be able to make a quality review or is it something that you can do while you are doing something else?
    If that were the case, it wouldn't be such a bad payment rate.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You do have to focus on the song because they are looking for reviews of specific elements, like lyrics, vocals, recording quality, etc. So you can't watch TV while you're reviewing a song.
    If it was possible to multitask and work on other money making sites at the same time, it would definitely be worth the low pay. The anti cheat software even detects if you have another tab or window open, so you can't even watch videos for Swagbucks on the side while you're reviewing music.

4. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I used Slice The Pie for a little while, last month. It was pretty decent at first. After about a week or so, my ranking went up and I was making 15 cents a review, so I was making about $20 a week. The redemption was always reliable and SO FAST! But what bothered me was that over the course of a couple days, I was still making 15 cents a review, but then my rating just kept dropping and dropping, so now I'm at about 6 cents a review. I just feel like, if my review is bad enough to make my ranking go down my 30%, don't pay me 15 cents for it. Pay me less so I know it's not a good review! Maybe I will try to work my way back up again, because I will admit, the money was steady and fast.

The trick is to just write LONG reviews that say more than just "this song is a hit!" You need to know a lot of musical terms and have good grammar, in my opinion.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was banned from there a while ago and thank god. I tried to be unbiased but the music was just hard to tolerate a lot of times. They gave me rap a lot even though I stated the genre I wanted in the beginning. I consider myself a music freak and I am a writer so it's pretty sad that I couldn't find enjoyment out of it.
    Music X Ray gives you opportunities very rarely but I like it a lot better

6. RapidRaven

RapidRavenMember

Threads:
    I am actively using SliceThePie, and find it to be pretty reliable. Though, the songs they can give are rather hit or miss. Sometimes you strike the equivalent of audio gold. Other times, you hear horrid tones. Most times, it's relatively average to above average songs. The pay for each song is around 7-10 cents though, so it's somewhat slow going. Combined with the fact you need to be descriptive and vary up your reviews, it can become quite annoying to write at times. I typically just aim to earn around $0.50 to $0.75 daily.

7. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I tried slicethepie for awhile. I love music, and I thought it would be a good fit. I know musical terms and theories. I love most types of music too. However, I could not stand listening to poorly recorded music, tons of curse words, and generic lyrics from want-to-be artists. Also, I started out making .15 per review and for some unknown reason my pay kept decreasing. So, I stopped. There are easier ways to make money online. I really like PerkTV and mturk.

8. jusjalynn

jusjalynnMember

Threads:
    I've used Slicethepie multiple times and I've redeemed about 30 dollars from there over a span of 3 to 4 weeks. The problem with the website is that the payout make take a few days, and also it takes a few days for anyone to answer questions regarding problems on the website. Another problem I had is the fact that the website is always under construction. Also, I used to receive a great amount per review, but for some reason the pay began to lower. Besides those things, if you write detailed, paragraph long reviews, use an abstract vocabulary, avoid repetition when repeating words and phrases, and stick to it, I think it can be worth it.

9. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard about this site, you can actually make good money over there, in fact I've seen on other forums payments proof for over a hundred dollars from this site. Unfortunately it doesn't allow people who are from my country to work for them, but if they let you then you should be able to make some good beer money out of this site.

10. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried that website as well, I also don't think its worth it at all. It is definitely a waste of time for what you're getting for. I take hours and only make about $1 or something because I can't think of anything to write. I know that the more that you write, the more you get. Not to mention that you'd have to sit there and listen to the music all the time, I'm sure that there are other websites out there that are a little better. Although, they do indeed pay.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:

To add to this, they have recently revamped their website, and whilst the new interface looks nice, nothing works anymore. I am pissed about this, because I have quite a bit of money in my account, and I was working up to the mandatory ten dollars. But I literally cannot submit a review now. Since the revamp, it is just a load of error messages, and they have made the website almost impossible to use. Prior to this, I used to cash out with them often. Now their website is impossible to use.

12. jusjalynn

jusjalynnMember

Threads:
    I agree. Every single time they call themselves upgrading the website, it just ends up to be slower and it keeps crashing. Also, it seems like every time I would write a review, something keeps stopping me from submitting it. For example, I could write a lengthy detailed review with no repeated words whatsoever, and they would say "You need to write in a little more detail." To top that, the customer service really has nothing to say to that besides that I need to write in more detail.

13. DreekLass

Threads:

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head. Completely on the head lol. I either get that message, or I get the 'your reviews are too repetitive,' or there is the, 'reviews cannot be submitted from your location,' message. You can incur all of these messages at once too, which is ridiculous. For all of the complaints that slicethepie are getting, or have gotten, they are being really stubborn, and will not do anything to fix the situation. I have been making music for ten years plus. I know how to dissect and review music, yet I am being told that I am being too repetitive.

Customer service are absolutely useless, as is the site at this point. I'll never see the money that has stored up in my account, which is a shame. But what can I do?

14. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I would say slicethepie is best for folks who dont have a smart phone. They pay on time but its a pretty ardious process to get to $10 bucks. Ive found much easier ways to make quick cash with my iphone.

15. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    For the amount of time you invest/get paid, trust me, you would come off way better if you flipped burgers for 5 bucks an hour, since it takes a darn eternity to reach $10 on this app, which also takes a lot of time of receiving it. If it was instantly paid by them, I would probably consider it, but to this point now... nah, it's not worth anyone's time, no matter how desperate they are. I'm sure there's someone out there who would value your time.

16. DreekLass

Threads:
    When I first joined up with Slicethepie, some years ago now, reaching the ten dollars didn't seem so bad. I think it took me three days maximum. But the price that you get paid for each review fluctuates according to the quality of your reviews and all of that. Of course now, you literally cannot submit a review without being told that their system is not going to accept it. I gave up, because the process was arduous enough prior to that.

17. jackhaal

jackhaalNew Member

Threads:
    I have used it before, and while it definitely does seem quite nice at first, it does become repetitive and boring. It's really annoying having to sit and listen to 50 songs and write reviews for them. It's not my idea of a nice way to earn money. I'd rather do something which offers more variety and which is much more interesting. I don't want to be paid to listen to music!

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    I second the repetitive and boring. It is very boring after a while, and it can really require a lot of determination to complete each session and reach that $10. Add to that the fact that they have made it damn near impossible to submit a review, and the website is useless.

19. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here's a little guide for anyone who uses, or wants to try Slicethepie. It covers the terminology they aer looking for and gives tips on how to increase the payment you recieve per review. HTH.

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    I had/have that list of musical terminology saved in a word document and had been using it up until they revamped the system, and made it impossible to submit a review. I have been making music for over ten years now, and so I already know musical terminology. But the website is just useless now that they have revamped it.