Slicethepie?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by eg0mez • Mar 3, 2014.

1. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    My experience with it wasn't particularly bad. But it wasn't worth it for the money I made. My rating kept going down, too. My reviews were long, and on topic. but I was still steadily going down. I finally gave it up.

2. CrowdedHighways

CrowdedHighwaysNew Member

Threads:
    I am not from the U.S.A., so I was unable to join the site. However, I have heard that it is a good, if a little slow way to make money. Reportedly, sometimes the quality of the songs is very low, though.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I found that the rating system is flawed too. I type pretty fast, and can type out a lot of information, and especially with my knowledge and experience with music. I was able to give a lot of feedback for each song. Despite this, my rating would still vacillate.

4. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    If you are looking for a few cents to pick up here and there, you should try "microworkers". you don't have to be in the US to do it. I don't make a lot doing it, but a couple dollars here and there will add up.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    Don't you also have to be from the USA to work on microworkers?? I could be wrong. It could actually be another website that I am thinking about, but it deals with micro jobs, and when I tried to apply, I couldn't because I am from the UK and not the US.

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I quite like it, but it isn't enough to be earning very much on, to be honest. I work from home as a full time freelance writer and editor, and I like to use Slice The Pie as a little break when I have had enough of doing my usual jobs. Doing this means that I have the chance to listen to a little bit of music, and it can just make my mood that bit lighter, and give me the energy to start again in the evening. If you're looking to make your millions then it might not be the place for you, but you can certainly have a little bit of fun there, at the very least.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    Since reading some of the more recent posts about the website, I logged into my SliceThePie account today, and attempted to review a song. Again, my review was rejected. How are you guys getting their system to accept your reviews at all??? It literally seems like an impossible task. I have about four dollars built up that I'll probably never get to cashout.

8. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I learned about this one from a lady in the UK. You won't be able to accept all the jobs, but most of them you can
    I decided it wasn't worth continuing for the amount of money I would get. I haven't even gone there in close to a year, now. The glitches wouldn't have been so bad. But when you are writing like 5 page reviews (i'm exaggerating) and you use almost everyone of their keywords, and you're rating goes down and down I lose all interest. The microworkers is A LOT better. You earn the money a lot quicker than slicethepie...

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    Thanks for the response. Yes, Slicethepie loves to rip its users off. And when you think that they are going to change the way that the website runs to the benefit of the users, they make it even harder to earn decent money with them. Money already took way too long to build up before, never mind now that they have revamped the system.

10. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be a member to that site. Note the used to be, I found the site to be rather hard to use for the amount of money that you were getting paid. So I had to leave because it was simply taking to much time for the return.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't know, when I first started to use slicethepie, the money actually seemed to gather quite fast. It took me three days to get to the cashout amount, and that was just with me reviewing songs whenever I felt like it. I allowed the speed with which I was able to get to the ten dollars fool me. But I quickly discovered that earning that ten dollars didn't always take three days.

12. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    It would take me posting at every free moment for at least 3 days to make the 10$, and if I'm going to give up all my free time to earn a little bit of money... $3.33 a day, when I'm doing everything they ask, and then some, isn't going to cut it. thats what I like about microworkers. Its simple tasks for just a little bit of change, but it actually adds up. It takes longer to cash out, but its more money for your time than slice the pie.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    In order to earn a set amount each day, I used to tell myself that I was going to do a certain number of reviews a day. That number was usually 25 reviews a day. At one point I was doing 50, but the ache in my hand meant that I had to stop doing so many. Even that would have taken up to more than a few days to earn the ten dollars cashout limit. STP is a waste of time, and there are much better ways to earn cash on the internet.

14. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I have made quite a bit of money with Slicethepie. They recently had a bonus going on and I was making $60-70 weekly. It was great and I never had any problem getting paid. Now they have lowered it down to where you only get 8 or 9 cents a review so I don't go on it as often as I did before. It a good site though and there is never a problem with getting paid for the reviews you rated.

15. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad you could make it work for you! It seemed like it had the potential to really work. I just couldn't make it happen for me. Did you manage to raise your rating? Mine slowly dropped all the time. I still don't know what I had to do to get it up to where I was making more than a few cents per rating.

16. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't used them in a couple years, but back when I first signed up with them it was relatively easy to hit the $10 mark because they were paying out around 25 cents per review back then. If I recall correctly though, they don't pay you out instantly or the same day - I believe it took a couple weeks for the money to be deposited to me. And furthermore, their payouts per review kept getting lower and lower for no good reason - I was actually taking the time to write honest reviews of the songs, well above the minimum word limit, and still saw my earnings per review drop down to just a few cents.

Another annoying thing is their site is super picky about anything remotely "offensive" in your reviews - it's like having an Italian nun whacking you with a ruler as you're trying to write and submit a review. This is bullshit imo because half the songs on there contain profanity already. I don't think the authors of those songs are going to care if we use some semi-profane language to review their songs as well.

Personally I wouldn't bother with them these days - it was a hassle a couple years ago, and from the sound of things, it's only gotten worse.

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    The problem with the decreasing and increasing earnings, is that once you reach higher levels, you can't really give the same quality of review that you were giving before. In order to keep the earnings the same, or increase them, you have to keep refining the reviews and making them longer and better.

18. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I suppose that is a good thing as you want your reviews to be professional and it also helps you grow as a writer. The longer and more informed your writing is the better for you and the more pleasant it will be for the readers.

19. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    It worked good for me when they had the bonus going on but now they are only paying .09 a review at tops so I am having a hard time to even get to the $10 mark. It is very time consuming. I don't go on it much anymore. I did manage to get my rating up there but I still wasn't making any more money per review. I talked to staff on the site and they said that the average people were making .08-.09 at this time. The site has all been renewed within the last few months so there were lots of problems with it. I think they have most of them fixed now but you do get times where you can't even sign in and if you get signed in the review button doesn't work or some other error message.

They pay out on Tuesdays and Fridays so as long as you got your pay request put in on noon the previous day, the money was always in your paypal account the next day. I never had a problem getting paid what they owed me.

20. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Do you remember The Stone Temple Pilots from the 1990's? They were commonly called STP. I referenced them in a review, and got a warning letter back for mentioning Slice the Pie. lol. I was so annoyed by that. If a real person had taken the time to just glance at it they would have known it was NOT about them.