Slicethepie?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by eg0mez • Mar 3, 2014.

1. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've just had an email from Slicethepie stating htat they have increased the payment to 25 cents per review for the next couple of days. So it's well worth trying to crank out 40 reviews over the next day or so, in order to claim a quick $10.

I'm not sure how long this offer will last, so it's well worth making hay whilst the sun shines.

2. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    really? Very nice! I'm going to have to look into it, then. Its a lot better than the 9 cents or so I was making before. I just hope I cn remember my login information, haha

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    It's not the best or worst way to make a little money online. That's about the best review I can think of for it.

On one hand, its incredibly easy to listen to a few songs a day and send in reviews. While it's not a lot of cash per review, it does add up over time and can very easily be $10-$20 extra for most people a month for very little time spent on the program.

The negative side that I've run into is some reviews tell you that you aren't detailed enough in your review and it becomes near impossible to move forward from there. My advice is be sure to stay on task and specifically stick to writing about the song. That will give the best results and let you move forward more quickly.

4. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I can't help but to feel like as much time and effort as I put into writing a review about a song that, quite often, turns out to be the source of a long lasting headache, I should get more than 9cents for it. I had decided to go see about the 25 cents/review. I tried logging in from my ipod and my computer both and it just kept taking me in circles. 15 minutes in and I decided it wasn't worth it, lol

5. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes it does seem like a little bit of a computer program response but I still find that if you know your music and your wording then you can get paid well on that site.

6. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    do you know who was responsible for rating your posts? was it a computer program or the artists? If I heard something too terrible I felt like I should tell them. But in a completely "critique" manner. I was never just mean.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have over ten years of music production experience, and have always been very talented and gifted when it came to literacy and writing. I had a very high rating on slicethepie, before they stopped rejecting every single review that I dared to submit. To be honest, I just don't think that they want to pay me. Maybe they don't want me to reach cashout again.

8. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    I've tried it, and it wasn't worth my time. A few cents to listen to music and help upcoming artists sounded like a great deal! However, their bots are very stingy about what is "acceptable" content. I've been told that my review wasn't detailed enough despite pushing hundreds of words. They only look for a few buzzwords like "tempo" and "rhythm," so rather than write a review, you're adhering to a formula. It got too frustrating so I quit.

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    Exactly. They claim that they want reviews that are packed full of technical musical terms, in order to accept them. But even when you give them that, they will still reject your reviews, based upon there not being enough musical terms, or based upon the review not being detailed enough, despite it being well over 300 words.

10. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I used to do reviews on slicethepie, but I haven't in a long time now. I never had any problems with getting paid, but it would take forever to make the !0.00 payout it seemed. If you like reviewing music, I guess it would be good. I just got bored of it.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    You must not have visited the site since they have revamped the entire system as well as the website. I still have about four dollars sitting in my slicethepie account, and cannot earn anymore because every time I write a review they tell me that there is something wrong with it, which is untrue.

12. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    Could be!! I also signed in and they said there was nothing for me to review so it could be that the payout was too much for them especially if you went in as an affiliate of someone else.

13. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I've had a slicethepie account for awhile, I'm not on there often, but I have made a decent amount of money. It does take awhile to reach the $10.00 mark. I like that they now offer fashion reviews, and you are able to make a little more money. I try to login in when they have special events, such as 25 cent and up for each fashion review and bonus points for the music reviews. Its a pretty good site but don't expect to get rich, or making it a full time job.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    Everybody was complaining, especially on their facebook page, and we were all getting the same canned message that we should send them an email if we had any problems, only they were giving out canned responses that provided no solutions too. Maybe they couldn't afford to pay everyone, and this was their way of restricting people from earning. I mean, for all we know, it may say that it is not accepting our reviews. But the artists could still be getting them, and we are just not being paid for each review.