Slimming Belt: Does It Work?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by luri • Aug 26, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Every now and then I see ads about slimming belt on TV. The advertiser claims that by wearing the belt, you will lose belly fat in few weeks. I am interested in this product, however, I don't know any real person who has used this product. have you tried sliming belt, does it work.

2. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have never used any slimming belt, but am sure interested in it. I bought one shaper which they said will make you perspire and hence help in fat reduction in the tummy area. But the size was very big for me and I did not use it. I tried to get it replaced, but the customer service was hopeless. I was not able to do it. I sometimes do think of buying one, but never buy it, because of the size issue.

3. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    No, it doesn't work. It is just a waste of money to buy one and then depend on that contraption to do the work for you. That is not how our muscles work. You need to work hard on the things that you want to accomplish. SLimming belts are for lazy people.

4. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    @PAYAKNAPAGIISIP@PAYAKNAPAGIISIP is right. I you want something done and done right, you have to do it yourself unless you have some extra money to spend of course. Money makes everything looks easy, but you could also try it the less easy way by having to work out yourself. You can try that belt if you want and return it just in case you're not satisfied with the result, I'm sure they have a money back guarantee of some sort.

5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    We recently decided to fall for this belt. And ordered the sauna belt. And found out that it does nothing to your body. Just heats up the tummy. And this results in increase in stomach pain later. So something like this is definitely not recommended. I'd say you should instead purchase some cardio equipment. That would be much better purchase in that case. I'd never buy such belts again.

6. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I don't think you can lose belly fats just by wearing a slimming belt. The slimming belt only conceal your tummy just for that moment. I had a sister that used to use it, she later found out it's not working.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    My brother bought one of those belts, and he never seemed to lose weight when he was using it. I think it just makes your belly area sweat, but unless you reduce your food intake, you won't lose weight from using it.

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I tried a slimming belt when I was a teen and it did not work for me. Worse, it triggered itchiness and allergy on the skin that got into contact with the belt. The belt is supposed to improve circulation in the waist/hip area and cause the wrapped area to lose fats. It is supposed to be worn while working out for optimized results but can be worn throughout the day for better results. It wasn't effective though. Nothing beats exercise and proper diet to get the waistline you've always dreamed of.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't see how this would work. All it's doing is holding the fat in! I can imagine it being very uncomfortable, rather like the roll ons which were so fashionable when I was young, I didn't even need one then but we all had them. I could never wait to take it off at the end of the day!

10. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure of the type of slimming belt you are referring to, but I can tell you one of those belts did great wonders for friend of mine. After the birth of her second child, she tried all she could to lose the fat around her waist but nothing worked. Until a shop assitant asked her to try the belt. She would wear the belt all day everday under her clothes for like 2 months or so and she started noticing not only did her tummy reduce but she lost weight as well. So it can work for some people.

11. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried any of these Belts and I'm very skeptical about their effectiveness. I do not see the connection between the muscle in your stomach and a tight belt. The muscles need constant exercising where as the belt only holds in the extra fat and gives you a pretty figure for just that moment.

I think you should try exercising and dieting, it would cost you way less and become a win win situation for you with your health, fitness and figure.

12. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    Ah! Those slimming belt advertisements on TV. I hadn't seen them on TV for quite some time. I thought that after tricking so many people into believing that by wearing a simple belt on your waist for some minutes a day you can get rid of your stubborn belly fat they finally got caught. But seems like these scammers are still into the game.

These advertisements trick fatty people by playing with their emotions. They show you that by sweating enough you can burn your belly fat but that's just moisture in your body which comes out as sweat and not the fat itself. Don't ever fall into their trap.

13. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I seriously doubt if slimming belt work, I really don't see the possibility of just tying up and constricting of one's belly would actually result in losing belly fat, it's not logically possible in my view.

If you really desire to lose belly fat, simply hit up the gym and partake in exercise, it's definitely going to burn out those dammed fats away from all your body parts and not just the tommy.