Sling TV?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by hayrake • Jan 10, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I have been making do with regular programming for years because we hate the high prices of satellite and cable networks when most of what they show is just pure junk we have no interest in whatsoever. Now we hear there is this sling tv offer coming up. Twenty dollars a month with no contract streaming tv. It won't make that big a difference to me because I'm not a big watcher anyway, but my husband will be thrilled to get the sports channels as now it seems regular programming never picks up the games he wants to see, not to mention Nascar. I think this is the best idea anyone has come up with for tv choices in a very long time.

2. dillydally

dillydallyNew Member

Threads:
    I just got my invite by email today! I haven't tried it yet but I'm super excited if it works out. It would be nice to cut the cable cord once and for all. 20 bucks isn't that bad for the channels you get. Have you tried it out yet? I believe it doesn't go public until the 15th but just curious if you got an invite and what you think so far.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    So what exactly does Sling TV have to offer. I mean what kind of channels do you get. I am sure it probalby doesn't offer any cable channels, not even basic. Not that this really matters to me any longer. I have found that these days I am more into the digital antenna networks then the cable channels. Anyway, I am going to keep an eye on Sling TV, maybe it will grow and I can find out more about it. Twenty dollars a month is a whole lot better then almost paying ninety a month for cable then having channels systematically taken away which the prices continue to rise.

4. dillydally

dillydallyNew Member

Threads:
    The basic $20 package gives you ESPN, TNT, TBS, Food Network, HGTV, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, and others. It's actually pretty decent and they have extra packages for $5 a month like a sports channel pack and a children's one with all the Disney channels. I tried to sign in last night on my iPad but got an error. I think they are having some growing pains :(

5. LAGuy

LAGuyMember

Threads:
    It looks like a decent deal... Add a few more channels and I might be tempted to sign up...

6. dillydally

dillydallyNew Member

Threads:
    They are doing a 7 day free trial. I think you need to go to the website to request an invite. It seems pretty good aside from the fact I couldn't log in yesterday lol