Smart BRO connection

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by vaericke • Aug 31, 2012.

1. vaericke

vaerickeNew Member

Threads:
    Hello again guys,
    I have another problem regarding my internet connection this time. The general speed of our service provider is 2mbps but most of the time I get 1mbps or less, I don't know what to do with it since it's too slow. I currently am deciding to switch to globe but I'm not sure since I have wifi access with my smart bro modem. Any comments thought or suggestions. Thanks. Your post is very much appreciated.

2. hairreplace

hairreplaceNew Member

Threads:
    To request for SMART Bro relocation, please visit any SMART Store and prepare the following:

Valid ID
    Processing fee of P1450

If you are sending a representative, please attach a signed authorization letter, your valid ID and the representative's valid ID. The authorization letter should indicate the following:

Your name and representative's name
    Your SMART Bro Service Reference Number (SRN)
    Specific aftersales request (i.e. relocation)
    Old and new address
    Your signature

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Your problem is not really the modem that you are using but your location. There is a reason why they are saying that your modem's speed is "UP TO 2 Mbps". Take note of that phrase. That doesn't mean that you will have constant 2 Mbps speed but you will have a maximum speed of 2 Mbps which will vary in different contributing factors like if a 3G or 4G signal is available in your location.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also think that it depends on the time that you are accessing the internet, usually peak hours are the times that the connection is the slowest. Try connecting during off peak hours. I use Globe Tattoo, (haven't tried Smart Bro yet) and my download speed is far from the advertised up to 3.6 mbps. I only average around 100 kbps at the most for downloads, and it's quite slow for me, considering that I'm downloading past 12 am already.

5. shane002

shane002Banned

Threads:
    Once you have installed the LTE Dongle, you will need to create a connection profile. Open the Mobile Partner user interface.

6. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    My family has always been on PLDT DSL. Have you looked on their service? I think it's better than Smart or even Globe. As I have friends who usually complains about internet connection with Smart and/or Globe but not that much in PLDT DSL.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have been PLDT subscribers since 1983, and we did intend to subscribe to PLDT's internet plan, but since I'm the only one who uses the internet here often, we just settled for a Globe Prepaid kit instead. Now I know that it's worth it if you subscribe to PLDT's internet plan if we ever decide to push through with our previous plan in the future.

8. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I am from Davao and we use SkyCable powered by BayanTel. It is for 1.5mbps but its enough and fast already. I think faster internet connection depends on the location. I would suggest you to ask few of your neighbours on what they are using and see it for yourself before changing an internet provider.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I have used BayanTel's dial-up service before, and there were days that you just can't connect online, like a lot of their subscribers have been complaining too, and they're not doing any kind of maintenance when that happens, so good for you that you are satisfied with their service over there in Davao.

10. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    Yes, they are good in here. I am satisfied with the service and the monthly bill that I am paying every month just fits me budget. I guess staffs and their work differs in every place.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is your subscription bundled with a landline subscription too, or only the internet plan subscription? And how much do you pay every month?

12. Michael Brown

Michael BrownNew Member

Threads:
    Consider also the plan you have chosen, what is the speed? It also depends on your location. The most secured connection however is the wired connection.

13. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    How many devices do you have hooked up to your network? The more devices that access the net off your network the slower it will be. If it is just one computer, you are probably just on the lower end of the modem due to your area. If you are running a couple computers and a cell phone, that may be why you are seeing it drop down. We have 2 computers and 3 cell phones here and will see a slight decrease in speed if all are on at the same time (which almost never happens tho.)

14. alfonso

alfonsoMember

Threads:
    Sounds like a lot of work and quite a fee for something that could probably be fixed remotely. What exactly is Smart Bro relocation?

15. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    We've been a solid SmartBro user for 8 years now. Yeah, we do get slower connections than what is advertised, but really, they make it up with their unlimited internet connection. It is not only I who makes use of the wifi, every member of our family does.