Smart watches?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by bmarks • Jul 2, 2014.

1. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    I'm one of those people who have been dreaming about wearable tech. So now I pose the question: how practical, useful, cool are these new devices called smart watches? Which is your favorite? Why? (Okay a few questions)

2. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    I think the iWatch is pretty nice, the techno watches are definitely cool. I don't think they're as functional as a watch though, since charging it would be a pain when you can normally just throw a watch on.

3. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    My brother got an iWatch for Christmas and its rather cool. Its not bulky and you really can't tell its a smart watch. He accesses the Internet and sends texts all at the wrist of his hand. Its a dandy for a gadget.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think it would function best as a complement to all other devices, but I'm guessing it would also have a lot of independent features so as to be warranted in its existence. I'm mostly looking forward to Apple's eventual release, but I do find all of the other brands' smartwatches to be very interesting as well. I predict Apple once again will set the standard for it, though, but I personally will probably wait for a few generations to pass before I buy one because I prefer to join in when they are a bit more developed.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At this point, the biggest draw of having a smartwatch is the fact that you can see your notifications or take calls without taking your phone out of your pocket. It saves a few seconds here and there, which adds up over time, but these devices are by no means a necessity, which makes them relatively low in demand as of right now. You'd be better off waiting a few months or a couple years for the tech to mature further.

6. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Fancy, yes.
    Pragmatical, no.

In my opinion, you can acquire these kind of watches if your sole purpose is to show off, else I don't see any other founded reason. Not rarely have I seen people trying to cheat on exams with these devices, but I don't advise anyone be unfair, haha.

Other than the aforementioned possible reasons, there aren't any, in my perception.