Smartwatches?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by daimashin • Feb 26, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Looks like smartwatches are making a boom on the market, what is it exactly? What are the features they got that make them so special? When I see smartwatches, I'm thinking similar things that would be on smartphones. Can it make calls because it's pretty cool if it does?

2. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I saw the SmartWatches, and I think they are innovative. They really are cool gadgets, I doubt I will every own one. I don't think they are worth it honestly, however I think they are cool gadgets I just personally don't like them lol.

3. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    As a gadget, yeah they are cool. But cmon, they look silly on your wrist and they really don't do that much. I think they certainly are not worth the hype and it will all die down pretty quickly.

4. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I would not recommend buying a Smart Watch, because there is really no use for them. What feature can a Smart Watch offer that isn't already available in another device. I think the Smart Watch will fail miserably. There are not enough technology junkies to keep the gadget line alive. They will definitely be discontinued.

5. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I am thinking about buying the Pebble Steel but I still think it's a bit expensive just for a metal exterior.

I also like the Samsung Neo because it looks completely different. I also like that is has a curved display that fits around your wrist.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I personally see it as kind of overdoing things, similar to Google glasses, but I think at least smart watches stick out a lot less and are a bit more practical. I've never bought one, but I saw a commercial once wherein they showed someone answering phone calls through the watch, and I think that's pretty neat and offers a good solution to some practical real world situations. Although, as I've said, I see it more as novelty which doesn't necessarily mean I see it negatively.

7. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have looked into it and decided against getting one. The large price tag (£!50 for a low end model) does not justify the abysmally low performance of the devices. I've tried a Pebble, and while it was fun to use for an hour or so, I would not buy it. An iPod can do infinitely more, apart from certain geographical functions.

8. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Cool gadgets and a bit gimmicky but definitely not anything I'd consider to buy myself or use long term. I think the main thing for me is just the reality of only being able to just 1 hand to operate it on quite a funny angle (Think about it). In addition to being such a small screen to begin with.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that smartwatches are quite unsightly, so they personally don't appeal to me. It would be a nice collector's item if I had money to spare, but they don't offer any other feature that other gadgets already have. It's just an added profit for the manufacturers.