Smokers that quit, what health improvements do you feel?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by prettycolors • Aug 12, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Apart from the obvious monetary gains how did your life and health improve once you quit smoking?

Once I quit smoking I noticed that my smell slowly improved and that I could run longer distances without loosing my breath. Not having to go out in the middle of the night to buy a pack is also a plus for me. What about you?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I simply liked the fact that I wasn't addicted to a substance anymore, as that is what I despised most about my smoking. I hated that feeling of not being able to control my urge to light up another cigarette. When I stopped smoking, I started experiencing a deep psychological change inside myself. It suddenly became clear to me what I had tried to suppress with the cigarettes.
    Naturally, my overall health has improved dramatically since I quit smoking.

3. lilygracer

lilygracerNew Member

Threads:
    I've been smoke free for almost eight years now. It feels great not being a slave to cigarettes. For me, it was nice to not have to mask the smell with gum or perfume. I didn't have to worry about smelling like smoke when I went to hug a friend or was close to someone on an elevator. I also don't have the heavy feeling in my lungs. I used to just feel very sluggish and got colds so often. The money you save not buying cigarettes is incentive to quit, but so is your health.