SnakMaster (sandwich machine)

Discussion in Product Reviews started by lrd913 • Oct 12, 2014.

1. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    url.

Anyone else have one of these magical machines? I used to use this ALL the time when I was younger. It was so easy to make and you could make ZILLIONS of things with it.

I actually found one at my local thrift store this past weekend and I snatched this baby right up. It was in NEW condition. Never been used, everything was still in plastic wrapping, and I got the recipe book that it came with. Only $2.99 at Goodwill.

You don't even know how excited I am. We had one when I was younger but my mom tossed it out ages ago. Her excuse was that we never used it.

LIES.

You can make any combination with it. I've made a hot ham and cheese sandwich, pizza sandwiches (which are delicious), Apple turnovers, and so much more.

This was one of the best things ever made for a kitchen.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm glad you shared abotu Snakmaster. I have not heard about this product before and I never thought some machine would be made for the purpose of making a sandwich, so this one, in my opinion, a breakthrough of some sort. I am always on the go so this machine would really be beneficial during times when time is of the essence and I need to prepare a quick meal/snacks.

3. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I love mine! There are all kinds of recipes that you can find online now for them. I feel like the machine is almost a "cult" favorite at this point. My goodwill had a few used ones as well. I found the one above at the Salvation Army and I couldn't believe that it was brand new. It was a great deal.

You can make all kinds of things with it. I've made breakfast pockets, dessert items, and all kinds of other things.

I've seen them on eBay and Amazon if you are ever interested in buying one. I've found some brand new ones for about $30. They might also have a similar item at Walmart, Target, or a kitchen store.

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful kitchen device. :)

I'm actually not a "kitchen" person and also not aware that you can buy something like this that can be use in the regular kitchen (I thought it's very expensive). Well anyway, you gave me an idea on how to prepare food on our next picnic trip. But first I have to check out the thrift stores nearby (I hope they have one). Although I don't mind buying a brand new one. :D

5. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I want one! I almost bought a quesadilla maker, but decided I could just turn the plates on the waffle iron around. Then, my waffle iron finally died. Waffle irons are not wide enough to make sandwiches or paninis, anyway. This looks like a truly versatile product.

6. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    It's super easy to use, even for non-kitchen people. I'm sure that there are so versions at stores like Walmart and I don't imagine that they would be very expensive. I do advise checking it at the thrift store before you buy it, if you can find one. Most thrift stores allow you to plug items in for testing. It's always good to check in case something doesn't work.

7. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I used to have a quesadilla maker but it broke. That was another of my favorite items for the kitchen. It really make the quesadillas cook well. The Snakmaster is a really great product, though I am surprised that most people have never heard of it. It was a staple in my house when I was a kid. It was one of the few items that my sister and I were "trusted" to use. It can get very hot but we were always really careful around it. I think my parents liked that we could make our own food, and it also kept us away from the stove and all those settings.