So Much Humor In Movies, It's A Cliche Now

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by hades_leae • Jun 22, 2016.

1. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone agree with me when I say that these movies that come out, especially in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, they create many spots in the movie that are strictly humor entrances.

I watch a lot of movies, and enjoy many of them, but when I notice a spot when I know that the producers and directors, or who ever is in control of it decides to place humor, too much or too little, in a particular scene, I get really upset.

Much of the time it's not really needed.

I remember the last Harry Potter movie had lots of humor, many scenes in the Twilight, Avengers which is terrible, X Men Apocalypse, humor is just not needed in movies like how it is placed in them these days. Why do they do this?

2. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    I don't particularly mind humor in most movies. I watch a lot of horror movies, and although some producers choose not to add humor in most of these films, I think if you use it strategically it can really make the movie better. For example, I recently saw "The Visit" in the theatre with my brother. It was strange because it is a very in-depth scary movie, but they used humor that made you kind of let any tension out from other scenes. This created an atmosphere in which the whole crowd would ease up, allowing them to be even more frightened when the movie climaxed. I thought it made the film very memorable. I understand how unnecessary humor can be a little bit annoying, but for the most part, I enjoy it.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I do know what you mean. It's a weird spot to be in because serious movies do need lighter moments to take away from the tension. But it seems disingenuous when you are expecting it. The thing is though, you could really pick apart any trope of a movie and get to the point where movies as a whole seem contrived. It's a slippery slope that I force myself avoid all the time, so I can still enjoy films.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I know what you're saying. And I agree. Sometimes they will push a joke in a time and it doesn't fit necessarily, but people still laugh. And yes, that usually happens in movies with no real good content because they want to make the movie more interesting. It is the case for Marvel movies. They have really no content, but will make stupid jokes here and there so the movie is more pleasant. That does not make it more pleasant for me, I find Marvel movies really stupid.

5. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I too don't like the humor in movies, especially the cliche ones. There are some good comedy movies that I enjoy Monty Python trilogy being on of them, but they are mostly anti-cliche movies. I don't really like the comedy movies that come out these past few years so I just stick with some oldies. But there are still some good new movies.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My wife and I watched a movie last Saturday. Movie tickets are very expensive here, costing $5 (that’s a lot of pesos). We watched a local comedy movie which was touted to be a blockbuster. But it turned out that it was very corny as if I had that feeling of regret for the money I paid for the tickets. That is a neat lesson that I should make a research before going to the cinema.

7. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    Humor in the Marvel cinematic universe is the reason why I loved watching them. I love watching films with humor but I hate slapstick ones like what they do in my country. I never ever watch local films since it's a wast of time and money for me, I would rather watch an indie film made locally than watch the big films here. Back to the humor, maybe it's because I do want to watch an action film but then in some parts there is something you would be laughing about. Sometimes, the wordplays are even awesome.