So what are your plans for Black Friday?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by addicted_buyer • Nov 14, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    When I'm from, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving so Black Friday is not a tradition, but since most members here are from the US, here it goes: what are your plans for Black Friday?

Are you planning to go on a local store that offers discounts or will you buy something online? Or do prefer to save your money this time?

I found some useful info on

, with some tips for everyone who's going to take advantage of the huge discounts some stores will offer.

2. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I don't do black Friday. Call me old fashioned, but I like to enjoy Thanksgiving and the day after, being thankful and being with my family. It's crazy to camp out and stand in line for hours on end to get a flat screen television. I grew up in a time when Thanksgiving was very big deal and not simply a blip on the calendar. For me, it still is.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    We all celebrate holidays in our own way. Say, in Christmas, lots of people here like pyrotechnics while others don't. That's completely understandable.

Based on many incidents reported during Black Friday sales for years, I don't think I'd dare to get near a store that day. You can get seriously injured if you don't go prepared.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I will be staying as far away from the stores as possible!!

I might be on the road traveling that day actually, but it certainly won't be to go to the stores. I have never seen the appeal of that. With Cyber Monday available, I have even less desire to put myself through that kind of craziness.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go shopping on Black Friday, there are just too many people out acting crazy. I think the stores are making good prices now and I don't think they are really going to get any better. For all of those going out there to get that bargain price I hope them the best.

6. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I usually never go, but Kohls may lure me in. I need to pick up a few things. They sent a $10 gift card good until 1:00 on Friday. They also have 15% off and $15 Kohls cash. I might go at noon so I can use the gift card. We'll see. It may not be worth it. They always have some sort of sale.

7. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I used to do Black Friday, until I found out that there was a Cyber Monday. I much prefer Cyber Monday because I can search around the internet for deals. I used to think I could get so many deals when I went Black Friday shopping but it is more a hassle than anything. I have to admit though; last year I found a really good deal at Old Navy. This was the only place we did our Black Friday shopping. We sat in line at Old Navy for about an hour. The first 50 people received free Kodak waterproof cameras. It was a great deal because we gave the camera to our daughter for Christmas.

8. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I don't really have much in the way of a plan for Black Friday. In fact, I never really do. What I do however is patiently wait to see the great deals I can manage to catch off Amazon and Best Buy for early xmas shopping.

9. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've never heard of Cyber Monday before! So it's happening on Monday 26th, right? Do you know any stores (that ship worldwide, if possible) that will be adhering to the Cyber Monday event?

10. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    My plan is to wait for Cyber Monday. I value my life, and don't wanna lose it by getting trampled to death by someone who wants a flat-screen TV for half price.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I plan on doing some window shopping on Black Friday. I like to going to the mall with my friends just to check out the deals. I don't plan on buying anything, but I might be tempted if I find a great deal on a pair of shoes.

12. dgb1975

dgb1975New Member

Threads:
    I am going to try and stay home on black Friday, but my wife has other plans for me I'm afraid. There are a couples deals I would like to get, but I really have not seen to much that sparks my interest. I will be busy on Cyber Monday, that is more my speed. LOL

13. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    I am avoiding malls, department stores, and anywhere else crowds will be. I'll probably check out deals online.

14. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think i am going to do it online because it is crazy here on black friday last year a lady got stomped she fell and no one bother to stop and just kept going it was sad she didn't get hurt to bad but still i am not willing to make that risk over some sales so i rather just do mine online safely from my home.

15. alreenaw

alreenawMember

Threads:
    My plans for Black Friday are shopping, shopping and more shopping. I plan to start online at midnight and see what specials I can catch. If I get bold, I may even try and head out during the day and fight traffic and crowds in stores. Hopefully I can find some good deals and finish up my Christmas shopping.

16. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I don't go out shopping on black Friday. I hate crowds and I prefer to shop online if I need anything. I think black Friday is overrated and most times only a limited amount of items are available for purchase at the advertised sales price.

17. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    Black Friday has become increasingly popular in the UK largely because of the Internet.

It is the day when I do at least some of my Christmas shopping as some of the larger sites have some great bargains.

You can sign up to some sites to get emails ahead of the promotions so you can get notified when they are going to begin. I've brought CDs for a £1; they would have been £8.99 before.

Black Friday deals are a great way of saving some money and shoppers can avoid the crowds by shopping online.

18. EmoPopsicle

EmoPopsicleNew Member

Threads:
    I'm planning on upgrading some of my computer parts, especially my video card. Newegg.com holds some really great deals during this time of year near Thanksgiving, so I'll be on the lookout. I'm also probably going to a nearby shopping mall and getting a cheap pair of shoes. My shoes are wearing out -.-

19. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Mind if I ask what some of those sites are? Can you leave some links, please? I don't mind getting many e-mails as long as the deals are worth it!

20. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    Wal-Mart, I heard, will be starting black Friday on Thursday night at 10:00 pm (at least here in Wisconsin) and I'm betting its probably the only store I'll go to. I will be definitely looking for Christmas presents for my two daughters and will be hitting up the DVDs. I love how on Black Friday, Wal-Mart has tons of TV series super cheap. I'll be looking for those in the ads because I could use some. Most of the time I just wait to buy them until Black Friday because of the great prices. I usually don't bother with electronics because I don't want to be maimed and most of the time I don't need any of it. Whenever I go out on Black Friday, it's never usually for any of the stuff that everyone else is freaking out about, like the Doorbusters. I just go for the nice little things that everyone else overlooks.