So what do you consider the best brand of batteries?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Esperahol • Aug 26, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    What brand of batteries is the best in your opinion? I personally pick duracell, because it lasts for a while and tends to have a better ratio of price to number in set.

2. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I am like you and prefer Duracell :)

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get the best usage out of Rayovac. They are pretty hard to find though. My second choice is Energizer.

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Rayovac are fairly common at the Dollar Stores here. You can get the heavy duty ones four to a pack and the gold ones two to a pack. I like them fairly well considering I can stock up on them for fairly cheap.

5. Nethervor

NethervorNew Member

Threads:
    Definitely duracell! I've used so many different brands of batteries including sony, philips, toshiba, varta and many others but none of them come close to duracell.

6. Methrend

MethrendNew Member

Threads:
    I tend to use Energizer when I have to. I don't have many things nowadays that require extra batteries though - most of my things have proprietary rechargeable cells that come with them.

My second choice is definitely Duracell - they seem to last a fairly good length of time and aren't too pricey.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Those were my choices too. I like Rayovac, which I buy at Walmart and Energizer is my second choice. One of these days, I'll buy a battery charger. I hate wasting money on batteries.

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like Energizer. I have had the Energizer rechargeable batteries for a while now and they have saved me hundreds of dollars. I also like Duracell, but they seem to run out a little too early for me.

9. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I actually had such bad luck in the past with energizer that I came to view duracell as being a much better brand. I guess it just comes down to experience.

10. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    Duracell are great but it really depends on what you want to use them for. I find the cheapest for be absolutely fine for simple items such as alarm clocks etc. If you want your camera to last a while though, I would always pick Duracell.

11. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Depends what you need the battery for. There are many different kind of batteries...and each one fulfills its purpose. It is up to you to choose which one is best for you. But when you do choose, I highly recommend buying the best.

12. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Duracell, I find it to be much better than Energizer or any other brand. They last a lot.

13. murbiz

murbizNew Member

Threads:
    The batteries I normally got for is Duracell.I think compared to other batteries out there they last longer and also its hard for them to cause corrosion that could end up messing up with your electronics.

Also duracell is cheaper than its competitors.A pack of 12 can get to last you a very long time as opposed to a pack of energizer batteries.

14. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    My first choice is Duracell. I always stock up when they have one of their special offers with 50% free, or when the store puts an offer on. For stuff like clocks and things that don't use a lot of battery power, I'll go for the cheap batteries at Poundland - I think they do Energiser there. For the important stuff, I always go for Duracell.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always buy Duracell or Energizer, they seem to last longer than the other brand that I also buy, which is Eveready. I just use Eveready for less power consuming appliances like lamps and clocks.

16. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I like duracell because they seem to hold there power longer and is more stronger. I have noticed that they power up thing in the order that keep them strong. So I will go for duracell every time no matter what so I will be ready if and when I'm ready to use them in my phone, clock or whatever.

17. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    My choice is the majority of the people here. Duracell. It's the most convenient since you can charge them as well! You can save a lot of money if you buy rechargable batteries. They last longer battery-wise, and is just a good brand.

18. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I just buy off brand batteries. Even if some of the brand names last longer, I still feel like I'm being over charged for them and paying for the brand itself. Besides, many of the off brand batteries these days at the dollar stores work fine and last long as well.

19. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Batteries are one off the few things I insist on spending money on (toilet paper is another) and Duracell is my brand of choice, these days they are cheaper than they used to be.

20. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    It's a toss between Energizer and Duracell for me too. They just seem to last longer. Back in the days when we had portable CD players, off brands would barely last a full day of listening but Duracell and Energizer were good for at least a few days and definitely worth the higher mark up in price.