So What Do YOU *HATE* about Facebook?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by mythman • Aug 3, 2014.

1. Kendra70422

Kendra70422New Member

Threads:
    Facebook is a great website to talk with your Friends from long ago as well as new ones. Facebook's platform is very nice and its easy to navigate around the site which is beneficial for everyone of any age. It has its many Pros but it has Cons as well. Some Pros are its easy to navigate and its a great place for you to keep in touch with family and friends but the Cons are it can get annoying at times and boring and it's hard meeting new friends on Facebook.

2. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I really hate the fact that now, when using the Facebook app, they want you to download the Messenger App every time you try to read your messages in your inbox. In order for me to even access my messages I have to press install and then close it out. They also do this when you try and see who is online. This gets very annoying. I do not see why they are trying to make people download Facebook Messanger.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that it's annoying that you can't dislike comments. I have read so many rude and racist comments on Facebook that deserve a thumbs down. Racist idiots don't deserve an audience and comments with too many thumbs down should be hidden from public view.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Several things I don't like but work around is the privacy settings keep changing. I have stopped people posting stupid things on my wall, but allowed people to comment on a post because otherwise there would be little point in posting it. Unfortunately some people then post whatever message on whatever I have shared as a personal message, not realizing it is then shared with everyone who shared that post and their friends etc. A lot of deleting then takes place by me, which is a pain.

Another thing is photos, I decided to make it all private and then share when I needed to. Now there are too many ads, and some that were offensive and inappropriate. I know it can be a good marketing tool, but it does take work to control what you want and what you don't.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    What do I hate about Facebook? The other people who use it!

I hate the people who post statues threatening to leave unless they get enough 'likes'.

I hate the people who post lots of stupid pictures that they think are funny.

I hate the people who share hoaxes and then get angry with me when I point out they are hoaxes.

I now only use Facebook to promote my articles and rarely read my newsfeed.

6. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I think you mentioned the biggest reason why I loathe Facebook: dumb people using it as their personal journals. Sighs, where do I start. I use to have a Facebook page a few years ago and then I shut it down. I found people posting ignorant and vile videos on their statuses at other people's expense. I had friends whose relatives would attack them with personal information that shouldn't be disclose to strangers. Oh, and then there are the friends who use Facebook as their open diary during their personal meltdown. I am turned off from all of it. Today I only use Facebook for business purposes. Nothing more.

7. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate it that when Facebook tells me that I don't know a certain person and shouldn't add him/her even though I really know that person. It so happens that the person is living in another country.

I hate it when I can't hide from my friends when I'm online. There are times when I need to check on something but I don't want to show to my friends that I'm on Facebook.

I also hate it that I can't easily post an animated GIF in my profile. I could easily do that in forums but in Facebook, it's next to impossible. :p

8. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I love going to facebook so I can be in touch with my friends and family as well as promote my work. Unfortunately, there are a couple of things that I don't like. I don't like when I play the games and I have to wait until my friends help me out before I can play again. Sometimes my friends aren't playing the games at the time so I have to wait a while before I can play again. There is one game in particular that I haven't been able to play for a while because I haven't had anyone help me out. I also don't like how they added a suggested page. That takes up too much room on my page.

9. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeRMember

Threads:
    I ended up liking too many pages so Facebook alternates between differing sets of content during the day. The algorithms and data mining that goes on behind the scenes angers me because the result of all that research is too throw more advertisements at your face. Unlike other posts here I don't have a problem with the userbase or the people I choose to connect and share my data with.

10. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    Probably that I spend so much time on it and yet I don't actually DO anything. It's literally just wasting ages scrolling and refreshing. Then someone posts a link to some funny article and you go on a trail of clicking article after article. Also, lots of friends post really boring stuff, it takes ages to sift through it for something interesting.

11. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    It has really gotten complicated since I joined a decade ago when it was first born. That time it was simple and just a way to connect with friends. Now the most annoying this is every time I log on (once a week usually) I have 10 friend requests from people I don't even know. Why would people friend me if they don't know who I am? Do I really want to get updates about their lives and picture albums of themselves when I don't even know them .

12. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Right now I'm playing 'Suburbia' (or whatever it's called) and waiting for friends to send me medicine so I can advance to the next story. It seems like I've been waiting for weeks! sometimes I'll send out a 'request' for medicine to my friends, with no response on that front so far :(

Most of the time people aren't buying links on Facebook for you to 'see them in periphery,' they're buying the ads FOR YOU TO CLICK ON! Would you rather click on 'random ads' or 'ads posted in your interests'?

It's not as fulfilling as Real Life, I know; but you have to remember that 'scrolling, refreshing & clicking' is your way of "fellowshipping" with your online connections (most of which--hopefully--are also Real Life connections).

Same reason I might friend you: because what I have to say is worth sharing with you sometimes (as what you have to say might also be). Nowadays, it's as likely you'll befriend someone you meet online as someone offline, and Facebook is practically MADE for being friends with people!

13. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really pay as much attention to facebook as a lot of people do to begin with, but my main problems with are more with the *people* and how they choose to act, versus the actual platform itself. It's not perfect, but it's not *that* awful either. I do get annoyed that you can't thumbs down anything, though, as there are so many different times where it would be helpful. I also dislike how much content I end up missing from people I want to see more from, and instead end up with the same redundant kind of content from people/pages that I don't care as much about.

14. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    What I have always hated about Facebook is the blatant invasion of privacy going on while you use it. Granted, you kind of give up your privacy willingly by signing up to it, but the fact still remains that it can be annoying.
    Another thing I don't like is how they try to force their changes and applications on you, a recent example is the mobile facebook messenger. I used to have the Facebook application and I also used it to answer private messages since I didn't see the point of having another app just for that. They completely took away that functionality in the app just so you would download the messenger app. It's things like these that make me lose interest in certain things and I ended up deleting the Facebook app I had since it was no longer useful to me.

15. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    Well at least the random Gore and other shock horror pages that keeps popping up in your news feed has now been taken off. But I really find it annoying when other people post messages that just shines 'PLEASE LIKE THIS' and theories that make themselves seem great, but you kind of know them in real life, and you know that they aren't that type of person.

16. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    The simple reason for which I never use or post on facebook (altough I have a profile and some pics and I add friends from time to time) is that I know for a fact that they collaborate with the FBI or NSA in sharing your every bit of personal information, every picture, status, basically full access to anyones profile, your "provate journal" which you think is your status is actually you freely telling them what exactly you are doing, they don't even need to ask or find out or interrogate you, you are just telling them whatever it is you are doing in every waking moment. And they say they do it for security reasons. Yeah well I'm sorry if this is the type of security the internet and the world feels it needs, I seriously don't need them at all.

17. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I really like Facebook because of the old friends I've reconnected with from years ago BUT there are a few things I find so annoying!! I hate the fact that every time I turn around I am getting invited to play games... is there anyway to actually disable that? I am a bit OCD so I always feel the need to actually click the X to remove the requests from my list. :)

Another issue I have is I think people need to keep certain issues they post about private. I have certain friends that post all their dirty laundry on there and I just think it's uncalled for. Facebook can be great as long as people use it the right way I guess. You don't know how many people I had to unfriend because of using bad language in their posts!
    Happy Facebooking !! :)

18. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess hate is not exactly the right word. I just think Facebook's overrated these days. Trust me, it's not Zuckerberg's fault. It's just that the program he created seems to have an odd effect on people's egos. People abuse Facebook in so many ways: to excessively market their business if not themselves, to bash other people and ruin their lives, to meet up with someone and kidnap them. That's not FB nor its inventor's fault. The system became an unwitting tool for propagating moral and legal crimes as much advocated of good causes use it to raise funds and awareness. FB is a double-edged sword, I dare say.

19. curtclicker

curtclickerMember

Threads:
    Out of all things considered, Facebook has really got me on one thing. Data mining! Ever wonder why it prompts you over and over again to fill out the profile section, silly stuff like hometown, etc.? I've heard that Zuckerberg makes quite a bit of money from selling all of our data to marketing research companies. Despicable!

20. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I had a Facebook way back in 2008, before it became popular worldwide, and it suck then as much as it sucks now! I have no understanding why people like using it, of course, users justify their accounts on Facebook as means to communicate with their family and friends [text and phone calls, hello?!], post updates [plenty of better and more versatile sites to do this on the internet], and promote their business [seriously, there are plenty of professional ways to promote business elsewhere than Facebook].

Also, I've read studies about Facebook users, and most of them become depressed after creating a account because he or she sees other people doing or being better off than him or her, which subconsciously or even consciously depresses that person afterwards.

I erased my account a month after registering, and I have never looked back nor will I ever create another Facebook account; Myspace was even better, because it allowed users to change their interface and do all sorts of crazy stuff on it, but sadly, it grew out of favor.