So What Do YOU *HATE* about Facebook?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by mythman • Aug 3, 2014.

1. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Can't really say negative things about the "suggested posts" since Facebook is still, and always be a business. Which is why they need revenues if they wish to remain as profitable as they are right now. In any case, I still don't like that Facebook is taking up a lot of my time and I'm becoming unproductive because of it. However, ever since the new year began, I started cutting my Facebook time and I'm focusing on things that drive me towards my dream. It's been a slow process but I'm beginning to achieve the results that I'm yearning for. Slowly but surely..

2. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    The fact that I am addicted to it and everyone is on there. I tried going a few months without, really hard to get in touch with everyone (compared to facebook).

3. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    You know that's how ALL advertising works (you think McDonald's ever thought, "We'll just put out one commercial ever; and then-&-there EVERYONE will decide whether they like us or not ... and they can't change their mind!")

People who play games there know that you CAN change your mind about it, but not unless they keep asking-&-asking!

That, and the 'referral bonuses' games frequently give you when someone you invited joins.

4. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    I use Facebook to communicate with my sibling, my relatives, and my friends. And yeah, there are things that I hate about Facebook too.

Why can't we upload gif? There are *.gif files that are cool, like those animated Pusheen. I only get to see it as a sticker in the private message or in the comment section. I'm cool with the moving stickers in those areas, but why can't we upload gif files?

Suggested posts annoys me too. Why? Why are they even there? Are they even connected to the other pages that I had already liked? Are the owners of those pages paying just to bombard the public who don't even care? I just hope Facebook will stop doing that.

I also have problems with people uploading selca of themselves with matching quotes. They would quote happy quotes or heartbreaking quotes, but they are smiling on their selcas. Why? I just could not comprehend that. But that is beyond me already, and I don't care if they make their FB an online diary. I'll just scroll down when I am annoyed.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    What I hate is that no one seems to know what face oil etiquette is. It's this big mystery and I hate to offend people, but in order to safely use the site, I kind of have to. I have declined friend requests from relatives I do not want to have seeing my posts, which could trigger some backlash if o e of the individuals should happen to feel offended that I am not commu I ago g with them.

Facebook can really create some unnecessary drama if you aren't careful.

6. krazyman

krazymanMember

Threads:
    Facebook has really turned into Bad News! When the website first originated it was designed for Baby Boomers and Generation X's to be able to keep in contact with old friends who may have moved across the country or around the world.
    Now it's used to share picture of day to day life that people really shouldn't be sharing. Do I want to see someone's new tattoo? No. Do I want to see your cat sleeping in the bathroom sink? No. People waste so much time and energy and Facebook it's a shame!
    For people who are underage and use it, it's a haven for online bullying - that's a separate forum discussion but that's an unfortunate "Hate" of Facebook.

7. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    Facebook has become overrun with ads. I know they're a business and that they have to have income streams, but the amount of adverts on their site is just absolutely ridiculous now. I've seen so many adverts across the site that it's almost made me want to give up using it now. I use AdBlock Pro, pretty much exclusively for Facebook now, because that's how much it got to me.

I love what Facebook has to offer and appreciate that they have to find ways to keep the service free, but they are just doing too much to mess with the site experience at the moment and it isn't fair.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm in the middle of a bit of a "sabbatical" from after accidentally tagging one friend of mine in another friend's photo on there. I hate how everything on the damn screen is clickable and performs some function. All I was trying to do is swipe through my news feed, when it clammed up (as usual), so I kept swiping the screen. Well, instead of reading my finger gestures as "swipes" it treated them like "clicks" and clicked my friends picture several times. In the process of this stream of clicks it hit a hot spot on the image, which then triggered a prompt to tag someone in the picture, and then a pop up menu with suggested names, which then clicked another friend of mine's name.

This makes me look like a total creeper to everyone on Facebook because I'm sure they all got notifications of it when that happened. And *of course* they make it totally confusing and unintuitive to remove that damn tag once you add it, which took me several more minutes of research on the web to find out how to get rid of the damn thing. I'm so sick of how Facebook is constantly trying to trick you into sharing stuff, then broadcasts it to everyone imaginable before you can stop it. Swiping across your screen with Facebook open is like walking across a mine field - you'll either accidentally "like" something, pop open a chat prompt with someone, or accidentally tag some crap in the process.

Then to make matters worse, I also discovered that there is nothing you can really do about others tagging you in photos. In the past, I thought you could set it so you had to approve it before someone could tag you in a photo, but apparently that only stops the tag from appearing on your wall, which is total BS. I have one former friend in particular who is really jealous and spiteful of all of us, because he's done nothing with himself over the years and can't stand seeing any of us move forward with our careers and lives. When he's in one of his drunken "moods" he likes to dig up old embarassing or incriminating photos of us and post them to Facebook then tag us in them to be a smartass, and there's nothing we can do to stop it.

9. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I think the thing I don't like about face book is the face book police. In other words they constantly getting on people who have made too many friends in one day. Someone who may have come across as if they were promoting something and violating their terms. Its like face book is more of a stickler then other websites for social media when it comes to things like this. Personally because of these issues I tend not to do too much out there, and stick with Twitter or other social media platforms instead.

10. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Facebook has switched from the place where we could talk to friends about a topic to a big mess or advertising, at least that's how I feel. I don't even see many of my friends posts, I really don't know why, but I don't lose the time trying to understand either.

#150Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  11. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    Facebook is fine with me. I don't really think of the negative things about it because the positive things overpower anything wrong about the website. I'm able to communicate with my friends and relatives from all over the world with no overseas charge. At the same time, I can share photos, videos, and any words I feel like saying. I know this is a thread about what to hate about Facebook, so my answer would be that I don't think I hate anything about it.

12. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I think that is a good way to see it angelica, if just login Facebook because we want too, but from the moment on it just seems bad we should stop going there. An alternative is to remove some likes and spam friends. :)

13. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1Member

Threads:
    I hate just about everything on Facebook that's why I closed my account recently. I still have a artist page under a new profile with no pics, and no friends. To many hackers for one, and it's to public for me. Most people but all of their business on Facebook, which I don't understand. I like twitter with just 140 characters, and I can target me audience much easier on Twitter.

14. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yes, closing the account says a lot about your feelings about FB, but as for me I don't see it's social component very strongly, I chat with a few people, I play some games and make some posts, that's pretty much it.