So, You Have A Smartwatch?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Jul 1, 2016.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hey y'all.... You have smart watches with you right now? I don't. I've tried to look at a couple, mind you but they're all so costly. Yeah, they have a few features that are a bit similar to our smart phones, and they're a bit stylish.... But I just can't swallow dishing out 300 bucks just for a watch.

Maybe when the asking price per watch decreases to maybe a hundred bucks.... That's when I'll buy. Remember when cellphones cost a fortune? I believe they'll decrease in price soon.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I always kind of imagined by the way this particular device was being hyped just a few years ago that it would be much more common place nowadays and much more of a standard but it seems like it hasn't really picked up momentum at all even with the advent of Apple's version of it. I think there's just not that much you can do with that small of a screen so if it were me and I know I'd be spending a lot regardless of what brand I pick up I'd probably just go with the largest screen I can get that still wouldn't look goofy on my wrist.

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I've never truly understood the need to own a smartwatch. To me it literally is one of those gimmicky products that you will eventually regret. We have our smartphones which essentially can do everything we need. Though, for some reason we want to get a smartwatch that can do some of the same things. I only want a watch on my wrist to tell time. If I was gonna spend $300 on a watch than it better have some gold and diamonds on it.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a smart watch and I do not think that I will have one in the near future. I don't feel like having one, mainly because it just started being developed, so the features are not so surprising still. Maybe in a few years where the technologies much developed and you can actually use it in the place of a new smart phone, then I probably would want one. Of course, if it is pretty Because the current ones are so bulky.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As for me, those smartwatches don't really appeal to me at all, so you can be assured that I won't buy one, even if the price was slashed down to $100. I don't even want to wear watches anymore because my phone can tell me the time anyway.

6. annacath

annacathNew Member

Threads:
    Yes. I have. Just as a smartphone did with the telephone, a smartwatch provides live access to certain kinds of information and intelligent features to try and add more convenience to your life. However, the price always slashed down quickly. And I always feel so sad.