Soap In The Bathroom Closet.

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Corzhens • Jun 12, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have a closet in your bathroom for keeping the towels, that is one good place to store that bath soap. But take off the soap from the packaging before placing in the said closet. That would cause the soap to go dry than usual and at the same time it would exude the perfume which in effect would give the towels a good scent. Soap out of the packaging can last for even a year. And a dry soap lasts longer when used. But do not store bare soap in an open area in the bathroom for it might be moist which is not good for the soap.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, I like that idea @Corzhens@Corzhens! It reminds me of these little cute soaps I used to get from La Senza in the UK. They were beautifully scented and I'd keep them in my underwear drawer and they'd smell gorgeous. I moved countries and have never seen them or anything of that nature here. Funnily enough, it never occurred to me to use regular bars of soap! Now I'll be on the hunt for soap with gorgeous scents to try it out. Thanks for that tip :) Not sure why I couldn't have thought of it myself LOL

3. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, what a great idea! We usually keep our bath soaps in the cabinet in the bathroom. I think I would start doing this so our towels would smell nice. I'll experiment with clothes as well. We have this wooden cabinet for clothes and sometimes, the clothes in there don't smell nice even though they were freshly washed with fabric conditioner in it. I hope this works for that as well!

I love the scent of Dove bar soaps but they do melt easily. I might have another purpose for them from now on. We have a bunch of them here but I rarely use it just because they're expensive and can melt so quickly. I have to cut them into pieces or else I won't get my money's worth of them.

Then, we also have some Dial soaps in here. But sadly, my husband is allergic to the brand. I don't like the smell of them that much though. We use them for hand washing only. But maybe they'd smell different with towels... Lol.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a good idea to have a "free" air freshener inside your closet. I do notice that some soaps emit a strong odor like Irish Spring as compared to Safeguard for example. I think spraying perfume in the closet is also a good way to freshen it up too.

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I do this all the time. When we go to hotels and you get the small bars of soap to use I take the extras home with me. They always have such a lovely scent. I place them in the linen closet and my dresser drawers. They leave a nice smell on the towels , clothes etc. I never thought to unwrap them to make them last longer. What a great tip. I'll be sure to do this now to make the soaps last longer.

6. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    That is a great idea. I do not buy soaps that have much of a fragrance to it. I remember my mom used to have the little perfume soaps out on the bathroom sink. I always thought they were cute but they usually just sit there and collect dust. I will usually just keep a dryer sheet in the linen closet to keep the towels smelling freshly washed.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Wow! Great idea!! I never even thought about that. I usually keep my soap in another closet. I just got this fancy cucumber soap from my mother-in-law. It would make my towel closet smell fantastic. Thanks so much for this tip! I used to store used dryer sheets, but now this might be my new favorite trick!

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the past I have used Rose scented soap to keep the linen closet smelling good. Now that I use bath gel more than bar soap I don't have the soap to but into the closet.

9. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmyMember

Threads:
    This is such an interesting and a nice idea for using the perfume soaps that we are receiving as gifts from our relatives in America who always send us packages including soaps. Actually we are just displaying it in our powder room at home. I am just new in this forum and today I had already learned something new which can help us to save to buy perfume or freshener for our clothes closet.. I will surely do this and thanks for sharing this to us :)

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a huge fan of soap, but ever since I saw this discussion thread, I've taken to buy loads LOL I open them and put them in my underwear drawer and I love it. I rediscovered this Vinoliah Rose scented soap that my mum used to use when I was growing up and it smells gorgeous! They also have it in vanilla, which I haven't tried. I'll be trying it in the near future, that's for sure :)