socks and sandals

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Anna Blush • Jan 20, 2013.

1. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    How many of you still wear socks with sandals even though the "fashion police" are against it?

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Since my job occassionally forces me to wear open toe high heel shoes even in the wintertime (I'm a stage performer, and it's not always warm on stage), I'll sometimes wear thick knee highs with them to stay warm.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Never have, never will. I wear flip flops during the summer and slippers during the winter.

4. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Nope. I can't say that I have ever done that or ever cared too.

5. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    It's a sort of "trend" here for teenage boys to wear sandals and socks, and it looks horrible. I don't even know how one would be able to walk properly all day with socks and flip flops, but socks and sandals just looks terrible. I can understand if one does it at home or because of necessity for work, but wearing it to make a "fashion statement" is ridiculous.

6. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I go around with bare legs all the time, so no, I don't wear socks with sandals. It has to be very cold for me to wear anything at all on my feet, and then it's sheer knee highs if I'm dressed up, or socks if I'm casual. If it's that cold, though, I'm not likely to be wearing sandals anyway.

Here in Spain, a lot of men - my husband included - often wear socks with sandals in the winter. Nobody seems to bother about it here.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely not, and it should be against the law to do so! :mad:

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use it not recently but if i felt like it i'd still do it what matters is i'm comfortable not what others say or think

9. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:

I have never been to Spain but here in nyc people seem to care so much about fashion that remarks about such little things are made. I personally say to wear what makes you comfortable but the surrounding never agrees!

10. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Well, i do it all the time, don't care what someone thinks or feels. Every has their own way of doing things. Just this morning i went to school with flip flops and socks because i didn't want to put on shoes. It really not big deal where i stay because many people do it especially college kids.

11. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I do when I travel on long car trips or airplanes. I wear socks that match the color of my sandals (black with black) and long sweat/yoga pants to cover them up so I don't freak people out too much. LoL It's more for comfort than anything, and it makes it easier for me to get through the security line at the airport especially if my sandals are secured with Velcro straps then I don't have to fumble with shoelaces. Also, wearing socks prevents my bare feet from touching the cold, dirty floor. And if my feet feel warm, I just pull the socks off and air my toes out in the sandals.

12. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    The thing is, it doesn't really make any sense. If it's cold enough to wear socks, then it's cold enough to wear sensible shoes. If I could wear my fuzzy boots on stage, I totally would, haha!

13. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, I don't. Not because it's out of style, but just because i don't like it.

14. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I don't wear socks with sandals, but I do wear socks during the winter months with my bedroom slippers. It helps to keep my feet extra warm.

15. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    No, never, I just don't like the look of it. I wear shoes or sandals.. never socks and sandals.. I personally love to show off my neatly painted toe nails.. I keep painting my nails so often and love to wear sandals that shows them off.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never worn that kind of getup and I never will, it looks so horrendous! :eek: But back in the late 90's if I'm not mistaken, it was quite fashionable to wear sandals with socks even if it doesn't look very nice. :confused:

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never wear socks with scandals. It looks horrible. I have seen many guys wearing socks with sandals. It really seems to be a guy fashion statement. I really don't like.

18. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Not my thing but to each their own. I think it looks silly, especially on me! I can understand that some folks like the comfort factor and are not too concerned about what I, or anyone else thinks about what they wear. I actually give them kudos for having that attitude.

19. waterhands

waterhandsNew Member

Threads:
    This thread made me laugh, I remember when I was little, back in Portugal, people laughing at the European tourists exactly for wearing sandals with socks! I don't wear it, not because the ''fashion police'' says no ( I am sure I do a lot of other things banned by the fashion police eheheheh) but because:
    a) I personally don't like it, though I couldn't care less if someone else wears it.
    b) For me it either is warm enough for sandals or cold enough for socks. If it's cold enough for socks, than for me it's too cold for sandals ahahaha

If I did I'd probably make it a fashion statement and wear it in my very own boho style:)

20. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never wore socks with sandals, as it's not comfortable, especially in hot summer.