socks and sandals

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Anna Blush • Jan 20, 2013.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Here's an even worse crime against nature: crocs and socks.

DSCN3386.JPG

2. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    Today very few people are wearing socks on sandals because it is not considered as a trendy fashion. There are great pair of sandals available which have unique design that doesn't need to wear socks. Also some are thinking that wearing socks on sandals is looking awkward. But for office use people like to wear socks.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Socks and sandals do not go well together. I have never liked it. I was not aware that the fashion police frown on it, but I am not surprised! Either wear the socks or sandals but not the two together, in my humble opinion.

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Seems to me that once you left your house wearing crocs, every other fashion crime you commit is relatively minor.

5. Traveller

TravellerMember

Threads:
    I have never done that. I have seen some old aged people to do so but as a young star I will never do so.

6. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    Love the photo of Crocs with socks and the comment from Classicnyer!! A friend of mine went to his daughter's wedding and the bridegroom was wearing black Crocs and a brown suit -so much class! When I was teenager I used to wear toe socks which were made for wearing with flip flops (thongs where I live). They were multi-striped in bright colours so really stood out.......looking back, I must've lost my mind!!

7. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    Nope. You will never find me wearing socks with sandals outside of my home. I never really understood the point of doing that anyway lol.

8. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I think it's alright to wear socks with sandals if it's too cool with your toes out but in summer is when you want to show off your nails all polished and nice. So no for summer and yes for those cool months as long as they are all matching and looks nice.

9. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I have never worn socks and sandals at the same time. Sandals are supposed to be worn as is to give your feet some air. If you would wear socks, then might as well wear a closed shoes and not sandals!

10. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    The thing is why would anybody wear sandals during the cool months. They might as well wear closed shoes instead of sandals even if it's with socks.

11. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad to hear this because many people actually like this and I think it looks terrible and just doesn't make sense.
    It's a great point to bring up because it is out of style as well. I guess some people just need to get this "trend" out of their system as the years go by.
    I am glad to see some people agreeing with my point of view on this!

12. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    sometimes I will wear,and I feel nothing about it

13. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Socks and sandals is a big fashion crime to be fair, it does look awful. I don't own a pair of sandals and I certainly wouldn't wear them with socks if I did. I don't even like my socks showing when I'm wearing shoes and shorts.

14. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    My father is the perfect person for this option. He loves going to a place with his sandals and socks on. I have to say my father is not as Fashion Forward. He doesn't care about what he looked like, he just get up and go! I said if I have little boys, I would not let them wear sandals. If they did it would be athletic sandals, with the possibility of wearing socks with them. I guess when they get older I would not be able to stop what they wear, but while I am paying I would have control :)

15. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I am against it as well. Ever since I was a teenager, I have hated the way socks and sandals looked together. In my opinion, it kind of looks as if the person wearing socks and sandals don't care about their appearance. My brothers' used to wear that all the time and it bothered me like crazy. If I had a child, I wouldn't let them wear that, well unless they wanted to wear it then i wouldn't have a choice but to let them wear it. I have never worn socks and sandals together nor would I ever do it but if that is what that person wants then so be it. :eek:

16. sweetseraph

sweetseraphNew Member

Threads:
    Its not at all comfortable for me to wear socks with sandals because my feet slips from the sandals.