Socks with sandals or flip flops..

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Pocs • Sep 1, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    We've all seen it before. A man or women in the park, the mall or on the beach. Dress according to the sunny warm weather, when suddenly we spot it. A horrific site, something no one should have to be a victim of. They have socks on with flip flops or sandals. I hate this! If I had to pick the fashion don't of all time it would be this! I don't care how cute the socks are, don't wear them with sandals and flip flops, just don't do it!

2. sarahlou773

sarahlou773Member

Threads:
    I love this post! I totally agree, if the weather is warm enough to wear sandals or flip flops then you don't need socks and if it is cold enough to wear socks, don't wear sandals! Simple! :)

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Ew, ew, ew!

I think guys are the worst with this. I don't know who thought first that it might be acceptable to pair the two of them together, but it is NEVER ok.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, guys are the worst offenders especially with the Nike flops. I have no idea who started it, but I wish we could track them down and hit them over the head.

5. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like the look either. If I want to wear socks, I will wear tennis shoes. I don't think it looks very comfortable when you wear socks and flip flips together either. It seems very bulky.

6. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    What's even worse is when guys wear long socks that come almost up to the knees - they look like they should have lederhosen on, or something. Then there's the ones who wear white socks that have gone grey in the wash - terrible! Why do they ever think it's a good idea? If my husband wants to wear socks in an evening, to avoid being bitten, he wears lightweight loafers with them. That's much more stylish.

7. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I told my husband that he better not ever do this. I can't stand that look. Why do people like this?

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was 13 years old, I was guilty of that fashion blunder. Good thing I grew up and noticed how horrible it looks. But back then, everyone was also wearing that same getup, so I just went with what was popular.

9. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I am the type of person who hate wearing shoes, and I sometimes wear socks with flip flop especially when it's cool outside. I don't wear it to special events but sometimes I do just like to feel comfortable. And some people just are afraid to show their feet and want to be comfortable but not have their feet showing.

10. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    That just looks so gross and tacky to me. I mean come on. If you want to wear socks wear shoes. I usually only see older people doing this.

11. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I believe that socks + sandals or flip flopes indicate incredibly bad taste. Sadly, every summer I spot a few people wearing that. I don't understand: isn't it obvious that they don't match? I find ridiculous explanations that it's more comfortable that way.

12. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of this either. I think this is already too old of a fashion. there are lots of sandals that is good without socks on it. But honestly my mom would force me to wear this kind of get up in my childhood years and I kinda liked it. A thing in the past could really make you laugh at yourself sometimes. :D

13. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    No, just no! It should be a criminal offense!

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree no. It is not a good look for anyone.

15. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I think it's a personality thing. For women, they mostly like showing off their bottom parts at the clubs at night. For guys, some are geeks so they wear socks with sandals.

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I come from a University town and all the students wear socks with burks (and jeans, it's not with shorts or anything). I don't mind it.. it looks comfortable and we are in Canada where the weather is never straight forward lol. I personally give kudos to anyone who steps out of the shallow fashion box.