Soda Making Machine

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Isabellas2007 • May 3, 2012.

1. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I was at the store and seen a soda making machine. This is called the Soda Stream I think. Before I bought it I decided to come here and find out what kind of experiences my friends and newcomers have had with this machine! Thanks for letting me know.

2. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I do not have one myself, but my uncle bought one a couple years ago and still uses it almost religiously. I have drank it, and it tasted just as good as other soda. When I was at his house it was actually a lot of fun to make, too! It was very neat to watch and from what we read on it, it is more healthy than regular soda. I would give it two thumbs up (through my uncle....lol)!

3. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    Are you talking about the Soda Stream machine or the other kinds? I have seen where many people do not like the Soda Stream because of the amount of CO2 it takes.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I don't drink soda except for on an occasional basis. It would be good to make your own, especially if it were healthier. If my kids were still younger, I would probably buy one of these machines. We went through a ton of soda back in those days!

5. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    One of my coworkers has one. He brought in samples of it for everyone to try. The soda does actually taste like soda, and there is even a red bull type on. The only thing I found was the drink tends to go flat quickly.

6. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    My mother was looking at one of these soda makers yesterday. I have to admit, I do kind of want one myself. Just for the sake of trying it out. I don't expect it to be Pepsi or Coke quality. But as long as it tastes good, I can live with that.

7. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I would get one just to see what the hype is all about. I don't think it will taste anything like the soda's mentioned, but I'm sure it will be drinkable. In the commercials it looks as if they're telling the truth, but who knows they could be paid actors. I saw people using it on YouTube, and they gave it good reviews. I'll buy one for myself and try it out.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I know quite a few people who have them but do not use it. I rarely drink soda. But sometimes if I wish for something fizzy, I place some orange or lemon juice with water and sugar in a glass...and then add some baking soda. The chemical reaction between an acid (the citrus) and a base (the baking soda) creates carbon dioxide. And you have a fizzy drink. The only thing is this way only works with acid/base reaction drinks. It is fun though.

9. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Judging from other people's thoughts on the Soda Stream (I also think that was the name when I saw one at JCPenny), I'd like to try one myself. Granted, I rarely ever drink soda nor do I ever find myself needing anything fizzy in my life, so I probably won't ever buy one and use it consistently.

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I didn't know there were any soda making machines you could purchase off TV.

11. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    It seems like you can buy just about any old thing on tv these days. So why not a soda making machine? Being a soda fanatic, I if I could get one on the cheap, I might be interested. I don't know how good the cola flavor would be though, it seems like Coke has a very specific formula that's difficult to duplicate - I don't like off-brand colas. But I would like to experiment with other flavors, orange, grape, etc. and try to come up with some interesting combinations.